Well, I guess I am selling all my guns now... ABC News says I can't shoot straight!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Not at all. Training is the only way to get good at what you do. I am upset that the title is "Proof that Concealed Carry permit holders live in a dream world." What "proof" of that did they show in that video? They took someone with zero gun knowledge and made an ass of him (her) and said that all of us that carry are the same as THEM. That's what I am pissed off about.

That wasn't the title ABC used, that title was added by the people who posted the video, Violence Policy Center. They are taking a video which was actually pretty good and twisting it into something that it isn't. If you're going to assign blame send it their way, not ABC's.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Put me down as NOT believing that ABC's intended purpose of this piece was to promote firearms training. :rolleyes:

It's fine to come away with the opinion that it proves training is a great asset- but I don't believe for a second that was the original intent of the network.

pepe lepew

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    anybody remember NBC making truck bombs back in the 90's? They did a report on how saddle tank Chevy trucks caught on fire when hit from the side. What was leaked was that they installed a "small" bomb in tank to catch the said truck on fire...... damn media.......:mad:

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Lame, Lame, Lame !!! Of course it would take a simple mind to believe this crap....wait a minute, simple minds ???? Liberals are definately simple minded,look at the special informative crap they put out !!!

Last edited:

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Put me down as NOT believing that ABC's intended purpose of this piece was to promote firearms training. :rolleyes:

It's fine to come away with the opinion that it proves training is a great asset- but I don't believe for a second that was the original intent of the network.

Agreed... They were trying to prove that even if you are armed, you can't stop a lunatic from killing en mass...

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    ABC did everything they could to skew the outcome of that scenario. Everything from to the overly baggy shirts to prevent the CCW from making a clean draw to notifying the gunman of who to shoot first. IIRC the person they chose to CCW in th mock shooting was also the least experienced of the bunch. They did make it a point to say he thought he would react well under stress due to his experience playing video gams. This was another anti-gun hit piece by ABC.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom