Well it happened, someone hacked my debit card.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    I guess Im fat, they signed me up for Jillian Michaels workout program like 4 times. Also got some workout music from emusic.com, and some vitamins from some vitamin place.

If Jillian Michaels wasnt enough, I got signed up for some Sexy forever plan as well.

And then I guess they decided I wasnt eating very healthy and got a program with Bistro MD.

Bank says I cant dispute anything until the charges process or something, they were debited yesterday. About $450 worth of exercise, I should be a beast.:D

I hope I find the fatty that did this.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    They got my mom for $473
    Hit the account 3 times for a dollar and then ban took it. Never got a call or email from the bank but the fraud dept shut down the card and she had to call to find out all this happen. I mean she called to find out why the hell she had a $473 dollar charge and that's when they told her the card had been **** down because of it.

It was through an online company called groupon. She had ordered something from amazon based on their coupon.
    They credited her account the money back within 24hrs and I guess they have their own way of getting the money back.
    This was last month. She banks with capital one. Whoever did it was overseas. Traced back to some airline ticket. The bank noticed she had made a purchase in Louisiana the same day the plane ticket was bought in some other country b

Last edited:

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    They credited her account the money back within 24hrs and I guess they have their own way of getting the money back.

The bank will just take their money back from the retailer, its not a big deal for them and it happens a lot.

Nobody called me, I just logged in so I could pay some bills.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I was with capital one. They shut the card down on the second purchase attempt. Enforcement thinks its a local ring doing this. It's happend to a ton of people.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Been done that road recently. I can't wait to check the mail for surprises. http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?110668-Identity-Theft-Advice

Your situation happens all the time at work. Generally, a Big black dude picks up some people and brings them to the store. Gives them a list of SS numbers and cash and tells them to come activate phones. 5 lines is the max, one day someone came in to do just that so we stalled them and called the cops. Cops came and the second dude just strolled in with the cops still there. Needless to say the folder of SS numbers did not leave with him.

Its always a big black guy in a black F150. They havent been in a few months.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    I was in Harbor freight today and they had a letter on display by the register stating that there computer was hacked and the costomer data base was broken into.You all dont have a HF club card do you?

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I guess Im fat, they signed me up for Jillian Michaels workout program like 4 times. Also got some workout music from emusic.com, and some vitamins from some vitamin place.

If Jillian Michaels wasnt enough, I got signed up for some Sexy forever plan as well.

And then I guess they decided I wasnt eating very healthy and got a program with Bistro MD.

Bank says I cant dispute anything until the charges process or something, they were debited yesterday. About $450 worth of exercise, I should be a beast.:D

Well at least you can sleep better knowing you helped somebody get on the right track! :mamoru:
    Seriously though, that does suck. I've been lucky so far but I have a feeling my turn is coming. This is just an all to common occurrence.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    A cousin of mine with Capital One got hacked this weekend.
    Several online music purchases and $100+ at JimmyJohns(similar to Subway).
    Capital One caught the problem and put a hold on his account, that's how he found out.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

At least the charges are for semi-decent things...lol!

What bank are yall with? This was a Whitney account.
    Good bank! That is where I work! If you bank in the South Baton Rouge area and like to do business with a fun personal banker / teller, let me know :)

The bank will just take their money back from the retailer, its not a big deal for them and it happens a lot.

Nobody called me, I just logged in so I could pay some bills.
    For many items, such as ACH's, the bank can simply deny the charges and the money rolls right back within 24 hours. For debit cards, there is often a disputing phase as neither the bank nor the seller wants to take the hit. Often Visa will cover a good bit of it too.

keep track of where you use your card
    Bingo. And don't use debit cards for purchases. Debit cards (in my opinion) should ONLY be used for ATMs. On that note, don't use ATMs. Come talk to us inside. We like to visit and honestly, if we are friends with someone and trust them, it is a lot easier to get things fixed for them when they are broken. When someone steals your debit card, you (general, everyone you) have to fight to get your money back into your checking account. If you have bills coming out and play it close, this could really screw up a lot for you. On the other hand, if someone steals your credit card info, you just tell them it is fraud and you aren't paying it. Banks and companies like Visa have much more of an incentive to get THEIR money back than YOUR's. Oh, and while you're at it, you will build good credit too!

Another option that many banks or credit card providers have is the ability to send you a text every time you have a charge. If you have this set up, you can have the credit card or debit card shut down much faster.

And now I conclude my rant :hs:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom