Well it looks like we just got screwed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Baton Rouge, La
    I've been hearing some rumblings lately that may cause all of us more headaches.

If the government "shuts down" on Tuesday (if the Continuing Resolution to extend funding for the federal government is not approved), some "non-essential" federal employees could be furloughed. From what I've been hearing, instant background checks on firearms purchases could be delayed and work on NFA approvals could also slow way down.

Has anybody else got any info on this?

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I've been hearing some rumblings lately that may cause all of us more headaches.

If the government "shuts down" on Tuesday (if the Continuing Resolution to extend funding for the federal government is not approved), some "non-essential" federal employees could be furloughed. From what I've been hearing, instant background checks on firearms purchases could be delayed and work on NFA approvals could also slow way down.

Has anybody else got any info on this?

Government is not going to shut down.

Tfurn30

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    I think it would be a good time to update this thread. I just sent off for my stamp last week. I saw the
    previous convo but being that we all know the gov't is shut down does this completley halt all stamp
    approvals?

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yes they officially shut down I think on Monday of last week. The E forms website is down and they aren't processing any form 3s either.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    I would definitely recommend doing it it electronically. No doubt people are still mailing forms and they are just piling up. When it opens back up electronically filing the paperwork gets you in their system same day.

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just an update. I received an email with the following regarding the proposed changes

ATF 41P – There was a meeting with the ATF, ASA, and all of the major Silencer manufacturers at Shot Show. The ATF advised that they have one person to respond to all of the comments that were made during the comment period. They have right at 10,000 comments that warranted a reply. The one lady who responds to the comments said it would take her roughly 2 years to do so. So, I think we are all very safe from this becoming a reality anytime soon. Hopefully they will take this time to reevaluate what it is they think they are trying to do. It is certainly not helping anyone.

So hopefully it won't happen or at least it won't happen for a while.

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    Still I speak for myself and a lot of people who are getting suppressors built who are up on the laws they want to push through. A lot of people are trying to buy every suppressor they could possibly ever need in case it goes to hell. :wtc:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    i guess we see things differently on this issue.

Instead of looking at it and counting my current possessions to see if "i got mine" and making that the decision on acceptability of the change,

i look at how the change would affect the big picture of people present and future, and if it's for the better; which it is not.
    excellent point !

Top Bottom