Well that did it....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usafcajun

USAF/LEO/IT
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Assumption Parish
    I finally dropped the dime and bought my first suppressor. I found an AAC Cyclone at Hebert Guns the other day. Paid for and paperwork started.....now to wait until roughly March to go pick it up. :( Thanks to Mouthpiece for the trust work.

I'd been wanting to get one for my duty .308 rifle for a while now and figured I'd be hard pressed to get my sheriff to buy it. lol

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Congrats now start another one in a month. Then another a month after that.. Helps with the wait when you have new stamps showing up every month.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    lol I picked up my cyclone yesterday from Derek at big boy armament about 6 months from when the checked was cashed. Hopefully will get to shoot it sometime this week.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    No once you have a trust going you can just add new items to it easily. I haven't don't the trust method so it may not be as easy as I claim. Maybe someone else with trust experience can chime in. All of my stuff was done with a sheriff sign off and registered directly to me.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    OP, congrats on your first purchase. Maybe take up basket weaving while you wait for our 1913 form of .gov to approve your forms.

You have to start a trust for each one?

No once you have a trust going you can just add new items to it easily. I haven't don't the trust method so it may not be as easy as I claim. Maybe someone else with trust experience can chime in. All of my stuff was done with a sheriff sign off and registered directly to me.

Once the trust is established, you can easily add items to the trust with a "transfer of property" and update to your "schedule A". The process takes me all of 5 minutes when adding an item.

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    The difference beign you're not able to sell/transfer/pass on yours?

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    You'll be happy that you went with the Cyclone. Mine replicates the rifle's accuracy better than any other can I've shot through. They're great cans with a sound signature that keeps them quieter than most .30cal cans out there.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The difference beign you're not able to sell/transfer/pass on yours?

That's not true. I can sell and transfer mine just the same as anything else. The difference is I am the only one that can legally possess it. With a trust you can list several people that can possess the firearm. This is helpful if you have a wife because it's very easy to commit a felony by leaving a silencer or SBR out of the safe and then making a run to the store. If she is the only one in the house she now possesses it and that's an unlawful transfer. The ATF takes that pretty seriously.

A trust would protect you and her from that. I am single and live alone so don't really worry about that problem.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    That's not true. I can sell and transfer mine just the same as anything else. The difference is I am the only one that can legally possess it. With a trust you can list several people that can possess the firearm. This is helpful if you have a wife because it's very easy to commit a felony by leaving a silencer or SBR out of the safe and then making a run to the store. If she is the only one in the house she now possesses it and that's an unlawful transfer. The ATF takes that pretty seriously.

A trust would protect you and her from that. I am single and live alone so don't really worry about that problem.

Ahh. This was explained to me differently. Thank you for clarifying.

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    WELL!

It's been more than 24 hrs since you got the call......where are the photos!? :ohreally:

Seriously, Congrats! :bravo:

I'm Jealous! I'm still waiting on 3 Form 4s and a Form 1, earliest possible one I'll see is September.

Top Bottom