Well there goes the senate. Looks like gun reform is coming including red flag laws

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    It all sounds good natured on paper, even the "red flag" laws tend to sound promising to people that either don't own guns or don't know any better.
    I know better than to trust that any of what is said on paper won't be enforced in such a way that is either not misused/abused or simply used as another way to funnel tax payer dollars into corrupt pockets.
    Owning more than one gun and two boxes of ammo is a trigger flag for liberals.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I read about the bill framework that was agreed on… seemed like a decent & creative compromise. The left is pissed and the right is pissed so that’s how you know it has a chance of clearing both houses of congress lol.

Bless Your Heart:

I would appreciate if you would refrain from geauxing anywhere near a voting booth. Ever.

You're willing to compromise MY rights. You should have the decency to refrain from exercising yours.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Red Flag laws seem good on the surface. They think it will keep weapons out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them. But, how long before those laws are abused? 10 seconds? And how long before they're applied to other things like travel, employment, voting, food, etc. Can't happen you say? It HAS happened for centuries. Study history. I know I'm speaking to the choir......

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Red Flag laws will be abused in so many ways . Use your imagination . And don't count on there being some kind of rigid protocol that must be followed . You're guilty until proven innocent .
    You do t have to use your imagination much, just look at the 19 or so states that have these laws on the books. They are oft abused.

The other side to this is what is the penalty for false reporting? The commie state that I left stripped that provision out at the last minute before passing a “Red Flag” law under an “emergency” vote (with no public discussion or comment period).

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    I read about the bill framework that was agreed on… seemed like a decent & creative compromise. The left is pissed and the right is pissed so that’s how you know it has a chance of clearing both houses of congress lol.
    Compromise? Please consult Webster. Both sides have to get something and give something up to obtain compromise.

Please describe what the gun grabbers have given up?

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Oh and why the huge rush here? We are still getting new info on a regular basis of the facts and details of what went down in TX and Buffalo. Wouldn’t we want to have all the facts and data before legislating?

We all know why. This is still an emotional topic and the left makes their living off of this ****. This is their best chance to ram something, anything through.

Ask yourself if this will help this country in ANY way at all? Also think about all of the decisions you have made in your life. Which were the best and worst ones. How many of the best ones were rushed, emotional, reactive decisions? We should look at proposed legislation the same way.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Oh and why the huge rush here? We are still getting new info on a regular basis of the facts and details of what went down in TX and Buffalo. Wouldn’t we want to have all the facts and data before legislating?

We all know why. This is still an emotional topic and the left makes their living off of this ****. This is their best chance to ram something, anything through.

Ask yourself if this will help this country in ANY way at all? Also think about all of the decisions you have made in your life. Which were the best and worst ones. How many of the best ones were rushed, emotional, reactive decisions? We should look at proposed legislation the same way.
    You are thinking with logic and common sense. That’s the exact opposite of how the left operates.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Compromise? Please consult Webster. Both sides have to get something and give something up to obtain compromise.

There is literally nothing to compromise on because nothing in the form of more gun control makes any logical sense to those of us who have working brains.
    00d617962f2231a55b04a8d34968e360.jpg

tlatch52

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2022
    Lafayette, LA
    It all sounds good natured on paper, even the "red flag" laws tend to sound promising to people that either don't own guns or don't know any better.
    I know better than to trust that any of what is said on paper won't be enforced in such a way that is either not misused/abused or simply used as another way to funnel tax payer dollars into corrupt pockets.
    Maybe so. I'm sure there will be problems that arise from it, requiring fixes down the road. Maybe it will be a complete disaster... maybe not. haha

tlatch52

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2022
    Lafayette, LA

They've given up (in this bill) a ban on the sale / ownership of assault-style weapons & high capacity magazines

tlatch52

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2022
    Lafayette, LA
    Bless Your Heart:

I would appreciate if you would refrain from geauxing anywhere near a voting booth. Ever.

You're willing to compromise MY rights. You should have the decency to refrain from exercising yours.
    No worries, I only vote for politicians who protect my rights to own a nuclear reactor in my closet.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Most of you already know the truth. For those of you that don’t, here is the truth:
    1. We do not need more gun laws.
    2. All gun laws are already being used against law abiding citizens.
    3. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

There you go, in twenty some odd words, you’ve learned the truth. What else you need to know?

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    There are over 25,000 pages of gun laws on the books today. If those are ineffective to stop what happened in TX and Buffalo then they should all immediately be repealed.

But we all know that this isn’t about guns, it’s about CONTROL

Top Bottom