Well....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    ...I visited the show in Gonzales today. I wanted to check out:peep: and handle:bigok: a few different models of 1911's. I took my time walking through, checking out all the tables. I saw lots of Taurus', a few Colts, a couple of Para Gi's, a handful of SA GI's, and quite a few Kimbers. I really wanted to check out a SA Loaded and a RIA Tactical. Only saw one SA loaded, a used one kind of beat up...tagged for $865 IIRC:eek3: (new ones are in the 7's online). No RIA tacticals.

On one table, an older fella was selling a few pocket knives and had one display with about 7 or 8 guns. He had a lightly used SW1911 TRS with imitation pearl grips....asking $750. I took a good look at it and it was in great shape, even though I didn't care for the grips(an easy fix). Asked if the price was firm, he said he had a little room to work.

Well....its official. I'm a first time 1911 owner:D
    I will post pics tomorrow!

dbolemiss

Rebel Fan
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    New Iberia,LA
    Welcome aboard,let me know by Monday if you need a little ammo.I'm headed offshore Monday night.Might be meeting up with a friend tomorrow on the way to loreauvillie to do a little blasting on his land,could ask if you want to tag along?

automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    Thanks for the offer! I'm suppose to make it out to Barneys tomorrow with a bud. Maybe we can meet up at the IPSO range sometime...do a little blastin!

automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    Well...I FINALLY got a pic of the purchase....:D

guns001.jpg

automan71

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    New Iberia
    My buddy had an old pair of wood grips, kinda worn....threw those on for now.

I'm looking into buying a new pair but cant make up my mind....so many colors choices and styles. Anyone have any suggestions?

Top Bottom