Went to BassPro yesterday

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Took the wife and youngun, and several handguns, to BassPro about 1PM yesterday. We wanted to use our (fairly) new range membership. The parking lot and the place were PACKED! The lady at the front entrance wanted to "check in" all my guns, even though I was a member. However, when I mentioned I'd always been allowed in without "checking" my guns simply as a CHP holder, all was well. It turns out that having a permit gets you in unmolested, whether a member or not.

I feared that there'd be a huge line at the range, judging from how crowded the store was. To my surprise, such was not the case! We shot about 2 hours, with 2 lanes all to ourselves. During that time, maybe 2-3 people came, shot quickly, and left.

Lots of paper was mercilessly butchered during the ordeal! We all shot fairly well, and had a great time.

Grim333

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Madisonvile, La.
    I was over there on Friday. Picked up some ammo from JBP55, then on to Bass Pro to shoot. I just showed my CHP, and walked on in. Not crowded. Only real complaint is that the target seems to bounce around on the wire for a long time before settling down. I usually go there or to FITS in Slidell.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    I was over there on Friday. Picked up some ammo from JBP55, then on to Bass Pro to shoot. I just showed my CHP, and walked on in. Not crowded. Only real complaint is that the target seems to bounce around on the wire for a long time before settling down. I usually go there or to FITS in Slidell.

Yes I screwed with this. Me and a couple of buddies were having a shooting contest for a free box of ammo. smallest 5 shot group at 15 yards won. My freaking target was bouncing everywhere.

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    I shoot there often

I shoot at the Bass Pro range in Denham Springs often. If you have a concealed carry permit, you can walk right up to the range without having to check the guns in. Without a concealed carry permit, they will put trigger locks on the guns until you get to the range. I am have a range membership, but that doesn't matter when it comes to checking in the guns.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    I shoot at the Bass Pro range in Denham Springs often. If you have a concealed carry permit, you can walk right up to the range without having to check the guns in. Without a concealed carry permit, they will put trigger locks on the guns until you get to the range. I am have a range membership, but that doesn't matter when it comes to checking in the guns.

But what if you didnt have a permit and OC?

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Solomon, lets me draw, and rapid fire when the range is empty, but only short bursts, 3to5 rounds, then return to slow fire

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    How do all these people open accounts and do the spamming? Seems like an awful lot of work just to post something and then be banned.

Gatorbug

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Gonzales
    Bass Pro

Went today with my SR40....I do not have my ccw..yet...The lady at the front told me that if i had it in a holster they dont have to check it, even without a permit!

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Went today with my SR40....I do not have my ccw..yet...The lady at the front told me that if i had it in a holster they dont have to check it, even without a permit!
    You don't need a permit if you aren't concealing it. The permit is a "Concealed Handgun Permit". If you have it in a holster on your hip in plain view then there's no permit required. The Bass Pro policy is to check your weapon if you are taking it in to the gun counter for repairs or if you are going to the range with it. If you are just there to shop and it's just being carried in case of zombie attack then the door checker doesn't have to check it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom