Went to BZ today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    Went out and shot at the BZ this afternoon/evening between 5:00 and 6:00. It was damp but nothing too soggy; no big puddles. It was my first time shooting there. I took my 19 year old son. He and I were the only ones there. Someone was shooting at the pond on the other side of the road. They started after us and finished before us, so I never saw who it was. I'm afraid that the pond side is going to turn into a dump like the BZ range side. You can see some trash and targets but nothing compared to the range side.

I shot my .45 and my AK. It was my son's first time shooting. He did real well.

It was my first time shooting the AK. It shoots really high, but shot well. I didn't bring any good target for sighting in, just some milk jugs.

There is a new metal desk out there (new to the area) that no one has shot up. There is another metal desk that has been shot up some but is usable, and there is a wood desk/platform that is usable.

That's it. No signs or patrols telling me that the range is closed.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I really wonder if we should put up some 'no shooting' signs opposite the BZ to protect the pond area... not to mention on the other side of the pond so they aren't shooting towards the parking area!

Bladebu1

1 more old SeaBee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Diamondhead Ms
    dose anyone have access to any cheap platic signs??? (maybe from the sides of the road ) we could paint and post NO SHOOTING and no litering

Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    check me for ticks

I picked up a tick (the small critter that bites and latches on) when I was out there yesterday. I couldn't believe it. I got home, went to shower and saw the thing on my neck. I was out in the open the whole time. I used to run around the woods in Oregon as a kid and never got one.

.308 special

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Ocean Springs Ms
    I really wonder if we should put up some 'no shooting' signs opposite the BZ to protect the pond area... not to mention on the other side of the pond so they aren't shooting towards the parking area!

No need to post any signs, the state of MS will be posting "Closed Area" signs starting Friday Morning.

.308 special

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Ocean Springs Ms
    Look fellows, long story short, an inquiry was made about leasing the bz for personal use, which you can do with any land in the entire buffer zone, not just the pit, if you know how to go about it and thus we get to the bridge that is about to be crossed. The state didn't know they even had this land until the inquiry came across their desks, and state law says they have to do what is about to happen. The land will eventually be cleaned up, trees will be planted to turn it back to its natural state. I am sorry for the incovienence.

Bladebu1

1 more old SeaBee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Diamondhead Ms
    4 whole post and they all say the same thing
    they are closing it down
    I can only hope you are wrong
    because it is the only place I can go shoot
    some pepole do not have land or place to go shoot safely
    with out driving longer they you will be shooting
    everytime I ask a cop where to shoot they say go there to the BZ the closest Range is HI is too far and in a differnt state for me
    so please take your
    YOUR SHUT DOWN AT THE BZ
    talk somewhere else please
    your from (Ocean Springs Ms) you could just stay there

.308 special

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Ocean Springs Ms
    4 whole post and they all say the same thing
    they are closing it down
    I can only hope you are wrong
    because it is the only place I can go shoot
    some pepole do not have land or place to go shoot safely
    with out driving longer they you will be shooting
    everytime I ask a cop where to shoot they say go there to the BZ the closest Range is HI is too far and in a differnt state for me
    so please take your
    YOUR SHUT DOWN AT THE BZ
    talk somewhere else please
    your from (Ocean Springs Ms) you could just stay there

Do you guys remember the person with the "nooneyouknow" user name, look back and see what he said, his ip address was traced and was legit, remember, you haven't heared from him since. The local pd will be served with an offical state document that the bz is closing and will be patroled by state and local law enforcement officers. There are 2 places that I can think of to shoot close to diamondhead, hwy 67 range in woolmarket and honey island range in pearl river la 35-45 min tops

bhp9mm

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 26, 2007
    slidell,la
    why are they closing it if u no about it and why did u join this forum u don't seem to no noting about this fourm are guns u say the some thing over and over

Bladebu1

1 more old SeaBee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Diamondhead Ms
    Do you guys remember the person with the "nooneyouknow" user name, look back and see what he said, his ip address was traced and was legit, remember, you haven't heared from him since. The local pd will be served with an offical state document that the bz is closing and will be patroled by state and local law enforcement officers. There are 2 places that I can think of to shoot close to diamondhead, hwy 67 range in woolmarket and honey island range in pearl river la 35-45 min tops
    so I can go to those range at anytime during the day or night ??
    some I how I don't think so
    and so you know I thought the BZ was too far to drive

.308 special

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Ocean Springs Ms
    read the previouse entries, the reason the bz is being shut down was due to an inquiry to lease the land for private use, because the land is owned by the wildlife heritage commision, which is the same thing as the Mississippi Department of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks the investigation started there and led to here, talking about the closure. Gents the reason i am in this forum is not to make you upset, but rather to inform you of what is about to take place. Believe me I am the type of person to "shoot'em if you gott'em", 2nd amendment through and through. I have 15 guns in my collection and growning, i know what its like to try to find a place to shoot and have fun, it aint easy.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    matticus1631
    Top Bottom