Went to BZ today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .308 special

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Ocean Springs Ms
    Do any of you guys know anyone who works at Stennis space center? If you do I would suggest that you ask them if they are members at the shooting range on the facility. the navy has a 100 yard 200 yard, 500 yard (military only) pistol and an automated skeet range, which is open to the members the gun club. If they aren't members suggest to them they should join, its on 50 buck for the year, or offer to pay their fee is they will take you, and they can take guest. it is a beautiful facility, clean, neat and well taken care of.

Bladebu1

1 more old SeaBee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Diamondhead Ms
    Do any of you guys know anyone who works at Stennis space center? If you do I would suggest that you ask them if they are members at the shooting range on the facility. the navy has a 100 yard 200 yard, 500 yard (military only) pistol and an automated skeet range, which is open to the members the gun club. If they aren't members suggest to them they should join, its on 50 buck for the year, or offer to pay their fee is they will take you, and they can take guest. it is a beautiful facility, clean, neat and well taken care of.
    I talked to some one at the bz that works out there who was part of the range out there and for what I understood from him that would be a big no
    the people lost most of the ranges most of the time to the active boat unit and they where talking of closing that
    trust me I tried
    what you and others have not figured out is most people will just go out in the country and just shoot and that will leave little piles of crap every where not just one spot and if you think people will stop going there to shoot when from what I understand it has been there for 20 years plus ( a guy told me he went there when he was a kid)

having a safe place to go with bermes and at least a little safety
    or just going out somewhere and just shoot until someone tells you to leave
    what every brainless moron decided to take the range away form the public for a place to shoot should come hold target's for us

Now we will have a lot of these kids just going anywhere to shoot
    The BZ may not be the best place it get dirty and trashy
    And some of us try and do our part to clean it up
    but taking it away is the worst thing anyone could due
    and posting sign out there say you cant shoot
    just means the will end up with a lot of holey signs
    Look around there are road signs with bullet holes it
    you know how unsafe that is ???

.308 special

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Ocean Springs Ms
    I talked to some one at the bz that works out there who was part of the range out there and for what I understood from him that would be a big no
    the people lost most of the ranges most of the time to the active boat unit and they where talking of closing that
    trust me I tried
    what you and others have not figured out is most people will just go out in the country and just shoot and that will leave little piles of crap every where not just one spot and if you think people will stop going there to shoot when from what I understand it has been there for 20 years plus ( a guy told me he went there when he was a kid)

having a safe place to go with bermes and at least a little safety
    or just going out somewhere and just shoot until someone tells you to leave
    what every brainless moron decided to take the range away form the public for a place to shoot should come hold target's for us

Now we will have a lot of these kids just going anywhere to shoot
    The BZ may not be the best place it get dirty and trashy
    And some of us try and do our part to clean it up
    but taking it away is the worst thing anyone could due
    and posting sign out there say you cant shoot
    just means the will end up with a lot of holey signs
    Look around there are road signs with bullet holes it
    you know how unsafe that is ???

Unsafe?! Yes, I know how unsafe it is, trust me at the BZ if you take alook around, their aren't that many trees left which means there is nothing there to stop the bullet if it were to ricocet out of the pit, and just for general knowledge, look at a google earth image of the pit and tell me which way a ricocet will travel>>>>>straight to US 607! with no trees to stop the bullet and yes they will travel that far, and just imagine the ricocet striking an automobile and possibly killing someone, what do you think would happen then, who would be held liable? You, the state, the county? I don't want to be in that number!

Bladebu1

1 more old SeaBee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Diamondhead Ms
    Unsafe?! Yes, I know how unsafe it is, trust me at the BZ if you take alook around, their aren't that many trees left which means there is nothing there to stop the bullet if it were to ricocet out of the pit, and just for general knowledge, look at a google earth image of the pit and tell me which way a ricocet will travel>>>>>straight to US 607! with no trees to stop the bullet and yes they will travel that far, and just imagine the ricocet striking an automobile and possibly killing someone, what do you think would happen then, who would be held liable? You, the state, the county? I don't want to be in that number!
    I have see it and I know but it is about risk managemnt with the locations given
    some how I think being and instructor for combat skills and being a Range Safety officer for weapons like Mk 19, M2, 81 mm Mortars, AT4, M-67 M-203, claymores I understand about impact areas as well as operation risk management and max ranges of the weapons
    And trees should never be taken as something that will stop a bullet EVER
    And the bermes only keep some of the bullets down

but like I said it is a lot better then some kid sitting along side the 607 shooting a .270 and a road sign Parallel with the road if you have any doubts about it look at the road signs leading up to the BZ I know last year one of them had bullet holes in it from a kid shooting out the back of a pickup truck until some Old guys stopped and jumped knee deep into his $hit and told him where to go shoot so he did not kill someone (BZ)
    I will bet that kids just stop shooting now "that someone is going to put up a sign" right ( please note sarcasm) no now they will end up shooting where ever they want
    Morons

"there is one other place pit that you can shoot in which is only a short drive from the bz. take hwy 607 south, turn right on hwy 604 go about 2-3 miles there is a blacktop road on the right, its a little bumpy, go to the 4 way take a right, and the pit will be on the right about a mile or so down."

and if this is where I think it is about two years ago there was a sign NO SHOOTING posted I had gone here because I was told a hunt club leased it and anyone could shoot in the pit

So far I have called the park service and national forest I the closet place for me is in the Desoto national Forrest or I can just go shoot along the power lines they are nice and clear (just unsafe as Hell)

.308 I am sure glad people like you are here to Help keep us dumb people safe ( please note sarcasm) I am 41 and I have been shooting since I was 7 I would not want to guess the number of rounds and pounds of stuff I have set off

Last edited:

bhp9mm

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 26, 2007
    slidell,la
    why is this other pit ur talking about not subjected to closure who owns it u been saying that we should not go on other peoples land but now ur saying we can go to some other pit

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mmabone
    Top Bottom