Went to my first Tea Party in Ruston, LA yesterday

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    I was surprised there wasn't one in Monroe. I was also surprised I couldn't find it published anywhere. I finally had to call a local state rep's office and have someone tell me that they thougth there was one in Ruston. It wasn't a huge crowd
    I think the best thing I heard was the black pastor that opened up in prayer.
    The rest was just theatrical "I'm mad, you're mad, it's the liberals fault, let's vote for a conservative that suppost lower taxes, family values and limited government"

I may be oversimplifying, but I think I heard mentioned maybe once or twice, not stressed, the fact that we need to GET RID OF the Income Tax. I didn't hear it stressed and I certainly didn't hear: get rid of 90% of what the Federal government does and spends money on. Get rid of the liberals AND neoconservatives that do all of these things. Remember that it was the Republicans that started the Tea Parties through their bailouts and other infringments on our liberty, economy and society. They are the reason the Democrats are in charge now, it wasn't because people wanted them, it was because there was no real alternative.

As Judge Andrew Napolitanto said, there is only ONE party, the Government Party. Democrats and republicans are one and the same with different footnotes.

To simply say "It's the liberals fault, vote for the same people who messed things up before" is to miss the point and is self defeating.

Last edited:

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    You can't talk like that or else you'll be branded a libertarian like me. No really, at fist it was not like that. The republican party has hijacked it. Sorry but Sarah Palin is not a good person to look for leadership.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Some or more organized than others and some speakers are obviously more articulate too.

However people are getting together, b/c they are upset with what the government is doing to them, and they want it to stop.

THAT IS A GOOD THING!

cvinson

We the People...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    Denham Springs
    At least folks are starting to wake up and realize it will only be their voices that will force any change. Even if the message is a little screwy and scattered, people are starting to get back in the political process. And that is a good thing.

Fisherman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Some or more organized than others and some speakers are obviously more articulate too.

However people are getting together, b/c they are upset with what the government is doing to them, and they want it to stop.

THAT IS A GOOD THING!

Yup! That is a good thing and our responsibility to keep big brother in check.

REMEMBER NOVEMBER! STAY ANGRY! VOTE!

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    I would have been at the one in Ruston, but school does take precidence now with me so close to graduating.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I was there. I was the guy in the wheelchair right there next to those idiots who were trying to start some stuff. It fired folks up and encouraged us to all stay active and vigilant and there is nothing wrong with that.

Here are some of the idiots that showed up. Of course, the MSM rushed stright up...
    0415001804.jpg

This is the other part of that brain trust (note Yes We Can shirt)
    0415001904.jpg

This preacher was great. He gave the above group hell for heckling him too! I loved it!
    0415001841.jpg

0415001803a.jpg

0415001803b.jpg

0415001802b.jpg

I just liked this one...
    0415001837b.jpg

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    I must have left before those guys showed up. I left about 6, I think shortly after the third speaker (a local attorney) started.
    I remember those guys with the flags. I specifically noticed the Bonnie Blue Flag :)

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    After I got off of work I went with my wife and son to the one in Slidell, calm and quiet, signed the MoveOnMary recall petition, my son (5, and a budding vexillologist) fell in love with the Gadsden flag so I have now ordered him a six flag historical set (United-States-Flag.com).

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    I was surprised there wasn't one in Monroe. I was also surprised I couldn't find it published anywhere. I finally had to call a local state rep's office and have someone tell me that they thougth there was one in Ruston. It wasn't a huge crowd
    I think the best thing I heard was the black pastor that opened up in prayer.
    The rest was just theatrical "I'm mad, you're mad, it's the liberals fault, let's vote for a conservative that suppost lower taxes, family values and limited government"

I may be oversimplifying, but I think I heard mentioned maybe once or twice, not stressed, the fact that we need to GET RID OF the Income Tax. I didn't hear it stressed and I certainly didn't hear: get rid of 90% of what the Federal government does and spends money on. Get rid of the liberals AND neoconservatives that do all of these things. Remember that it was the Republicans that started the Tea Parties through their bailouts and other infringments on our liberty, economy and society. They are the reason the Democrats are in charge now, it wasn't because people wanted them, it was because there was no real alternative.

As Judge Andrew Napolitanto said, there is only ONE party, the Government Party. Democrats and republicans are one and the same with different footnotes.

To simply say "It's the liberals fault, vote for the same people who messed things up before" is to miss the point and is self defeating.

Republicans are the same as Democrats huh? The Republicans when in complete control spent too much money on certain liberal ideas in my opinion. Bush specifically had 9/11 to deal with and two wars. He inherited a recession as well but the policies to handle those issues are in stark contrast to what the liberal democrat ideas are in congress now. Bush proposed major tax cuts and the economy flourished. Obama proposes new taxes and the largest entitlement in history and the economy sank. He and the democrats turned an economic downturn into a disaster.
    I am a registered Republican and I am in favor of eliminating the income tax as well but it needs to be replaced with something that isn't punitive to success. I like the Fair Tax myself and so do many other Republicans. Tea Parties aren't anti-government anarchist rallies but more like anti-reckless spending, high taxes, and anti-gov intrusion.
    I usually agree with Judge Napolitano's opinions but not this "one party gov. " thing. It's an oversimplified view and just not true when you look at the specifics. The current Republicans in congress have stuck together and not voted for the massive stimulus or healthcare and remain opposed against cap and trade and now the VAT.
    The current admin and congress under complete democrat control has managed to stifle the economy while spending 1.5 TRILLION in borrowed money. in just one year with at least 1 trillion dollar deficits as far as they can project if things remain the same. This is reckless and unsustainable. The last Republican president appointed two Supreme Court judges, John Roberts and Sam Alito. Obama has already appointed Sotomayor and will be selecting another soon. Who do you think of those mentioned will follow the constitution and not "interpret" it?
    The two parties are so far apart on major issues right now that I think it is a little theatrical to claim they are the same when the evidence says something different. In a perfect world, they would be almost the same with different footnotes. Both would be protectors of the constitution and strict constructionists and always put America first.

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    ^
    The bottom line is this: Rationalize and make excuses for the Republicans all you want (I used to do that too...so I don't mean that as an insult), but the fact is that everytime Democrats have control of congress they radicalize America and turn the Constitution on it's head if not throw it away in just a 4 year period (FDR admin, LBJ admin, JFK admin, Carter Admin, Clinton Admin) Republicans had control for 15 years, they should have rolled back things like crazy if they were true Conservatives and Constitutionalists. Radical reverse. Gotten rid of all intrusions in our lives and unconstitutional acts, programs, agencies, troops all over the world, etc, halted massive and illegal immigration.....but instead all we got out of it was big vague talk in the beginning about "limited government" "family values" etc. etc. and nothing else. We got increased spending, the so-called Patriot Act, No Child Left Behind, Homeland Security, troops sent all over the world on a "War on terrror" (another vague crusade that involves spending, lives, debt and intangled alliances). The IRS is still there, we still have the income tax, we aren't getting rid of the ponzi scheme called Social Security, we still have all these government infringements on our liberty that we had under the Democrats.

So.....YES the Democrats and Republicans are the same.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    ^
    The bottom line is this: Rationalize and make excuses for the Republicans all you want (I used to do that too...so I don't mean that as an insult), but the fact is that everytime Democrats have control of congress they radicalize America and turn the Constitution on it's head if not throw it away in just a 4 year period (FDR admin, LBJ admin, JFK admin, Carter Admin, Clinton Admin) Republicans had control for 15 years, they should have rolled back things like crazy if they were true Conservatives and Constitutionalists. Radical reverse. Gotten rid of all intrusions in our lives and unconstitutional acts, programs, agencies, troops all over the world, etc, halted massive and illegal immigration.....but instead all we got out of it was big vague talk in the beginning about "limited government" "family values" etc. etc. and nothing else. We got increased spending, the so-called Patriot Act, No Child Left Behind, Homeland Security, troops sent all over the world on a "War on terrror" (another vague crusade that involves spending, lives, debt and intangled alliances). The IRS is still there, we still have the income tax, we aren't getting rid of the ponzi scheme called Social Security, we still have all these government infringements on our liberty that we had under the Democrats.

So.....YES the Democrats and Republicans are the same.

Ok then, if you can't get off a 3rd party horse, hope hes fast enuff to win the race..

BECAUSE

In the intrest of proving yourself right you are willing to sacrafice the small chance the Conservatives have of regaining control, a third party will not work @ this time

You won't change, I just want this reply on my service record

Last edited:

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    ^
    I didn't necessarily say we need to start a 3rd party. We need to have CONSERVATIVE CONSTITUTIONALISTS whether they HAPPEN to have the label Republican, Libertarian, Independent, Constitution, or even Democrat. Not vote for Republicans and hope a few of them happen to be Conservative. Because a man has the word Republican attached to his name doesn't mean squat. Who is it, what is he after, what does he stand for (specifically not abstractly). Does he talk in abstract vague concepts and give runaround answers or does he talk about specific constitutional problems and fully understand where the root of our problems lie and propose seriously following the Constitution and throwing out any law, agency or agenda that is in violation of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom