Went to Nick's today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    A good trip... but it was cold out there. Stayed for about an hour around 3... They had more people out there than I expected. Maybe about a dozen shooters, surprising considering the weather.

That was my first time out with the updated lightweight AR. I LOVE IT! 16" pencil barrel and clark carbon fiber handguard. Hopefully tomorrow I'll post some pics.

I also tried out the electronic ear muffs my wife got me for Christmas. Caldwell brand IIRC. My first time using electronics, btw. It was so nice to be able to hear what was going on around me not to mention the range commands.

zander

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    I been shooting a lot at Nick's lately. I enjoy the service. Decent range, great people.

mgvsquared

Greenhorn
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    Na
    So, is Nick's located on Airline? Someone told me Metairie, but when I search for it on Google, I get a 985 number and 20 miles from Metairie. I appreciate any info given.

Just looking for a good range in the area I can shoot my rifle at and not have to go 45+ minutes to Covington, Hammond, Amite, etc. Nick's sounded perfect and from what I've been told, a great place as well.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Nick's is on Airline about 10 minutes past Laplace on the right. You know you're getting close when you pass St. John's airport (a few cool military planes are stored there, btw. Its worth the side trip to take a look. I know they have a phantom and a corsair bomber).
    I want to say that a day pass is around $20. Its a lot cheaper if you join the range.

Top Bottom