We're all breaking this law

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • srscott

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    SWLA
    My truck has a plastic sleeve in the sun visor that I keep all my paperwork in. It keeps my hands up on, or above, the steering wheel in case I get pulled over(except to get my license)... keeps Mr. LEO a little bit more at ease, and lets me see the expiration dates on the registration and insurance every time I get in the truck.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    no fine or other penalty shall apply for failure to comply with the aforesaid provisions if, within five days after an authorized officer's request to inspect a registration certificate, that certificate is presented at the office or headquarters of the requesting officer

So if you show it upon being stopped, then you are still in compliance

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    My truck has a plastic sleeve in the sun visor that I keep all my paperwork in. It keeps my hands up on, or above, the steering wheel in case I get pulled over(except to get my license)... keeps Mr. LEO a little bit more at ease, and lets me see the expiration dates on the registration and insurance every time I get in the truck.

Mee too...I want as little interaction as possible with nervous po po.

Hello osifur, I have a CHP and a GUN , do you mind if I reach in the glovebox ??

I also keep color copies of DL and CHP...not that it will help, just makes me feel better and more efficient

srscott

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    SWLA
    the sleeve in my truck is OEM, but you can buy clip on sleeves at the auto parts stores, maybe even Wally-mart in the auto section.

TheLawson

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    New Orleans
    I'm pretty sure you guys are reading that wrong. I believe that says the place the registration is in should be in an area easy to see and access when you have to get it. Also, to back that up, it doesn't make any sense to show the cop the registration, then within 5 days show it again for not having it in plain site. If that's what the law was trying to say (the registration must be in plane sight) then why wouldn't their just be a fine for not having it as such? The 5 day provision seems to be if you can not provide proof of registration.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    My registration and insurance card are clipped to my sun visor. No reaching into the glove box for me.

Not picking on you Yale, your post was the last one in line.

OK, so all of you guys with your info clipped to your visor, ever hear of identity theft?

My stuff is locked in the console safe. That's where I would keep my gun too, if I owned any guns.

Top Bottom