We're number 3!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajunranger

Ghost
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    DeRidder
    Highest Sales Tax States:

3. Louisiana
    Combined state and average local sales tax rate: 8.85%
    Income tax: 6%
    Sales tax: 4%
    Property tax per capita: $643
    Inheritance tax: None
    Estate tax: None

In 2012, Louisiana began paying out tax refunds in the form of debit cards instead of checks. That drew complaints from taxpayers who found refunds subject to ATM fees. Louisiana suffered a decline of 14.16 percent in taxes collected in 2010, due largely to a 22 percent drop in income taxes. It was one of four states that saw a double-digit drop. The state's among the top five in "severance tax" income -- tax paid on natural resources taken from the ground; the oil-and-gas industry paid $758 million in 2010. Its combined state and local sales tax rate of 8.85 percent is the third-highest of the states

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Living in a border town growing up, I always had to go to Arkansas to go to the guitar store aka pawn shop, guy lived in LA though. I says why, he says taxes are lower so he gets more business.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    n 2012, Louisiana began paying out tax refunds in the form of debit cards instead of checks. That drew complaints from taxpayers who found refunds subject to ATM fees.

With that being said my grandson gave me his tax refund debit card for some money he owes me .So you say I am to have to pay debit fees to cash that card to my checking account??? If so, thats a crop of crap. I already have too many fees at the bank.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    What's the reason for Louisiana being at the top in bad stuff and at the bottom in good stuff. Surely, there can't be that many morons in our state.

Really, what's the reasons for it?

Top Bottom