Westboro "church" going to protest Slidell Marine funeral

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    Little Rock incident

Last year a University of Arkansas football player was found dead in his dorm room. No drugs or alcohol involved, undetected cardiac condition. The nuts from Westboro threated to protest at his funeral. My nephew was on the guys high school football team and the whole football team was loaded for bear on the day of the funeral waiting for them to show up. A local radio station offered them 20 minutes of radio air time in exchange for not showing up. They accepted and the funeral went off undetected.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Last year a University of Arkansas football player was found dead in his dorm room. No drugs or alcohol involved, undetected cardiac condition. The nuts from Westboro threated to protest at his funeral. My nephew was on the guys high school football team and the whole football team was loaded for bear on the day of the funeral waiting for them to show up. A local radio station offered them 20 minutes of radio air time in exchange for not showing up. They accepted and the funeral went off undetected.

How pathetically miserable must someone's life be to join the ranks of these Assclowns???

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    As of 1:25 they had not shown. Doubt they will. They're all about the biggest crowds possible. Besides they did not have rooms in Slidell last nite. I looked.

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    As of 1:25 they had not shown. Doubt they will. They're all about the biggest crowds possible. Besides they did not have rooms in Slidell last nite. I looked.

I'm sure they made contact with Slidell PD to request protection and to notify them they would be there. I believe that is standard practice for them. Slidell PD probably notified them they would be violating state law and would probably be arrested, making them rethink their strategy.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I'm sure they made contact with Slidell PD to request protection and to notify them they would be there. I believe that is standard practice for them. Slidell PD probably notified them they would be violating state law and would probably be arrested, making them rethink their strategy.

I think you're right. The Chief here is a good guy, but no nonsense. He made no secret that they were headed into the lion's den, and their name ain't Daniel.

todbnla

Spendasauris
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Picayune, MS
    Slidell PD posted on facebook thanking everyone for their support and said they did not show up. If you saw the pics, the crowds out in the street at the auditorium, was huge, I guess they figured they would pass on this one, a lot of those were partriot riders too.

406696_184317278379061_1255985247_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Guel24
    Top Bottom