What’s going to happen?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I have inside contact with a few swing state agencies. I won’t name specifically which ones, for obvious reasons. I will say that in one of these specific states, martial law along with civil asset forfeiture (gun confiscation, land reallocation along tactical and strategic corridors, etc) has been talked about as an exercise by the legislature, and state police were brought into the conversation along with national guard. State police lost SIX HUNDRED troopers within the next month to “early retirement”. National guard lost 5% of the force transferring to other states or the reserve.

If y’all recall in the late mid 90s, nato tried to flex on us in Bosnia as well. Tried to force the US to help them go door to door under UN flag and foreign command to seize firearms just in case tensions sparked back up. One guy - ONE - made national news by flatly refusing what he felt (correctly, according to international law of war and UCMJ - specifically as refers to AR 670-1) was a series of unlawful orders. SPC Michael May was courtmartialed and exonerated by a US tribunal, because not only were the orders unlawful by law of war they also went against the constitutions of the US and the host nation. As a result, the remaining US troops assigned to UN missions were polled as to whether they’d willingly participate in confiscations and/or serve under foreign command. The overwhelming majority (>60%, IIRC, of people who’d makes difference if lost - IE senior enlisted and senior company-grade or junior field-grade officers) said no. And since we have an all-volunteer military, that was seen as a bridge too far concerning readiness of the force. The issue was dropped and hasn’t been revisited.

Washington can do what it wants. That doesn’t mean it’s constitutionally legal, and it doesn’t mean it’ll be enforced. Look at how extensively current immigration and schedule-1 narcotics laws are being enforced at the local and state levels. Then add in the recent backlash by elected LEOs saying they won’t enforce federal dictates which go against federal law, particularly the bill of rights.

This is all squeaky-wheel grandstanding to get more tax dollars out of a multibillion dollar industry (check your receipt next time you buy ammo - cabelas itemizes the “sporting goods” tax on firearms, ammo, and related accessories). Because every time Washington says “ban”, sales go through the roof and another parasite agency meets its budget requirements for the following fiscal year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The largest state police agency has just over 6000 officers. You are telling me that an agency lost at least 10% of its force basically overnight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If it ever becomes a felony to possess any gun I own I will turn them in.

Now do you agree with every gun law currently on the books?

If something you own becomes illegal what would you do?
    That’s your personal choice. It’s also your personal choice to voice every intention you have if you so desire. I can’t imagine what drives you to ask such a question but it’s your right to do so. Prolly better off just letting everyone else have their personal choice. Ask if you want, but do you really expect anyone here owes you an answer to those questions? Do you expect anyone here to potentially incriminate themselves just to satisfy your curiosity? Or is there another reason you would ask something like that?

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    That’s your personal choice. It’s also your personal choice to voice every intention you have if you so desire. I can’t imagine what drives you to ask such a question but it’s your right to do so. Prolly better off just letting everyone else have their personal choice. Ask if you want, but do you really expect anyone here owes you an answer to those questions? Do you expect anyone here to potentially incriminate themselves just to satisfy your curiosity? Or is there another reason you would ask something like that?

WOW Dude really? He asked me the exact question 1st!
    As for the last question all I can say is you really should tighten up the tin foil lol.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Ok big guy, please don’t take offense. I’m not trying to add fuel or insult. I just can’t fathom why anyone would openly walk down the street in defiance of a law or why there has to be only 2 choices there. I’m pretty certain the vast majority of intelligent folks would understand that there would likely be immediate consequences for the bad. So I’m curious as to why anyone thinks a person wound volunteer their intent or why they should. I don’t mind saying that the reason I wouldn’t answer either way is self preservation, which doesn’t completely rely on any level of intelligence. Most of us just know it’s a bad idea.
    Btw, I did notice a few people have asked what will folks do, I didn’t quote them all and I posed the question while quoting you because of other statements you made.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    As for the last question all I can say is you really should tighten up the tin foil lol.

Uh oh, you went and done it now. He’s gonna add you to his blocked list. Don’t worry, he will still post screenshots to show you you’re blocked and still comment on your comments.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Ok big guy, please don’t take offense. I’m not trying to add fuel or insult. I just can’t fathom why anyone would openly walk down the street in defiance of a law or why there has to be only 2 choices there. I’m pretty certain the vast majority of intelligent folks would understand that there would likely be immediate consequences for the bad. So I’m curious as to why anyone thinks a person wound volunteer their intent or why they should. I don’t mind saying that the reason I wouldn’t answer either way is self preservation, which doesn’t completely rely on any level of intelligence. Most of us just know it’s a bad idea.

You agreed when he asked me in post 15 but disagree with me asking the same question so “stop the please don’t take offense BS”. He asked a question I answered, I asked a question he answered. Turning the crap in is following the law, walking down the street with said stuff is taking a stand for a believed right and trying to change things AND hiding said stuff in the closet is being a selfish coward that won’t stand for anything.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Uh oh, you went and done it now. He’s gonna add you to his blocked list. Don’t worry, he will still post screenshots to show you you’re blocked and still comment on your comments.

That makes no sense because only the left blocks people and avoids the tough questions. Or could there be another reason he would ask something like that?

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I would like to believe that i and others here will continue to stay law a abiding persons like we have in the past. But can only speak for myself.
    I have made it this far without being a criminal and something like a,stock would not turn me over to the Dark Side.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If all you’re about is throwing insults and conflict then yeah, I’ll be happy to add you to my ignore list. That’s what it’s there for. Call me a leftist Tin foil hat whatever but you haven’t seen me insult anyone here and the last thing I’ll ever be is your victim but thanks for thinking of me. You have a good day.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    Guys let this thread die or stick to the original topic.

I apologize for hijacking the thread and asking pointed questions that should never be answered in an open forum.

People have a right to there opinions, and I made a mistake diverting the thread into a confiscation argument because all it did was make people who are on the same side turn on each other.

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    If all you’re about is throwing insults and conflict then yeah, I’ll be happy to add you to my ignore list. That’s what it’s there for. Call me a leftist Tin foil hat whatever but you haven’t seen me insult anyone here and the last thing I’ll ever be is your victim but thanks for thinking of me. You have a good day.

Ok mag guy, please don’t take offense. I’m not trying to add fuel or insult. I just can’t fathom why anyone would question the guy who asked a question as a follow up question to the question he was asked to start without questioning the 1st guy?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

Oh yes, that really showed him.

I’m already on your ignore list for telling you the truth, so I suppose one more on your list won’t hurt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom