What a shame

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Meh. I'm not a fan of aging rockers trying to recapture the past. It always ends up awkward and kinda pathetic. Like a bad sequel to your favorite movie.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    More sad about the stroke and official adios of AC/DC.

They played at River Plate in 09 and sounded as good as anyone else recorded vs live.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I saw AC/DC in 09, still sounded great to me, and probably the most entertaining concert I've been to.

Van Halen in 07 was pretty damn good too, as was Rush. They can still put on a show, just don't try to shove another reality show down my throat.

It sucks, but I'm glad they're not going to try to replace him. After being active for this long, it would just be insulting.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    +5

I'll listen to a n 80 year old rock icon play a les paul over some prepubescent nerd with a keyboard any day of the week. Given the state of current music I pray the surviving rock icons live forever.

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Sad situation indeed. From the days with Bon Scott to Brian Johnson, truly a legendary catalogue of work.

This post made me call my cousin who was friends with Bon Scott back in the day. I always pester him to retell his rock n roll stories of days gone by. A resident of central TX he has quite a few.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Screaming Gibson SG through a Marshall JCM 800....yeah, I always dug that! There is some good "new" music out there now but nothing compares to the organic, sonic howl that AC/DC put out, even in their aging status. They stood the test of time and when you hear "Back in Black" or "You Shook Me All Night Long" blast through those speakers, you can't help but to throw up those horns and rock your head back and forth. I met Angus and Malcolm at a guitar shop in Hawaii 10 years ago when I did a 3 month road contract with Sammy Hagar after his bass player broke her arm in a motorcycle accident in San Diego. Anyway.....Angus and Malcolm were true gentlemen and a blast to talk to. I only wished that I had time to jam with them but we just flew in to Honolulu and they were on their way out to catch a plane to the mainland. Regardless, the 22 minutes I spent with them at that store will always remain with me.

Long live AC/DC and God's speed, Malcolm!

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Screaming Gibson SG through a Marshall JCM 800....yeah, I always dug that! There is some good "new" music out there now but nothing compares to the organic, sonic howl that AC/DC put out, even in their aging status. They stood the test of time and when you hear "Back in Black" or "You Shook Me All Night Long" blast through those speakers, you can't help but to throw up those horns and rock your head back and forth. I met Angus and Malcolm at a guitar shop in Hawaii 10 years ago when I did a 3 month road contract with Sammy Hagar after his bass player broke her arm in a motorcycle accident in San Diego. Anyway.....Angus and Malcolm were true gentlemen and a blast to talk to. I only wished that I had time to jam with them but we just flew in to Honolulu and they were on their way out to catch a plane to the mainland. Regardless, the 22 minutes I spent with them at that store will always remain with me.

Long live AC/DC and God's speed, Malcolm!

I don't think Malcom used JCM800s much if at all. They don't sound like them anyways. I'm pretty sure he uses JTMs, SLPs, and the like. His sound is much like those earlier amps. Always loved his sound. For Those About to Rock has absolutely awesome tone. So much depth in Malcom's chords. He also didn't play SGs, that's Angus. Angus played the earlier amps too, but he might be more likely to use a JCM800.

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Meh. I'm not a fan of aging rockers trying to recapture the past. It always ends up awkward and kinda pathetic. Like a bad sequel to your favorite movie.

I never thought of ACDC ever trying to recapture their past. They've always been pretty steady on what they delivered. Good stuff.

Other bands have actually grown beyond their past.... The Allman Brothers Band is a great example. They are as good now as they ever was.... I say that being a big fan of their early work too.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I don't think Malcom used JCM800s much if at all. They don't sound like them anyways. I'm pretty sure he uses JTMs, SLPs, and the like. His sound is much like those earlier amps. Always loved his sound. For Those About to Rock has absolutely awesome tone. So much depth in Malcom's chords. He also didn't play SGs, that's Angus. Angus played the earlier amps too, but he might be more likely to use a JCM800.

You are absolutely correct, sir.
    Also, Malcolm is still one of the best rhythm giitarists out there. I believe he played Gretsch guitars.

Last edited:

Qwerty

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Metairie
    Don't get me started. Before Bayoushooter days there were days gone buy comparing and playing Stratacasters, Telecasters through Fender and Marshall amps. Even built my own Semi hollow Telecaster with Les Paul push pull pickups. Aaaah the days gone by........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom