What about Kip Holden ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    So , what do you guys think of our esteemed Mayor / President ? Take into consideration crime , taxes , road and traffic conditions , etc .

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I really have no use for him . Traffic sucks . Crime appears to be up , in spite of the news conferences where he and the Chief declare that they are tired of it and are not going to put up with it anymore . :rolleyes: He wants to tax the hell out of us to make improvements to the downtown area . His legacy I guess . As for the loop . ( another legacy ) He wants it to cut right through the heart of Central . This is intentional , I don't give a damn what anybody says . He's just more of the same , in a slick package .

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Yep the Chief is good at showing up on the crime seen trying to look as sharp as Ray Jackson did in his uniform.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Don't worry guys. All of those bad things will disappear when Kip gets his loop built....

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    He's a genuinely nice guy who loves to tell jokes and listen to what you have to say. He's been in the studio many times recording commercials and always nails the spot on the first take, telling jokes the whole time before and after. I worked on a charity game show with him and boy he loves to drink. He took a shot of JD with everyone backstage before the show.

I don't get into politics too much. I really don't know what his position on any issue is and don't much care. He always has a genuine smile, is very sharply dressed, and is an excellent public speaker.

He is the very opposite of Kathleen Blanco in that regard. It would take her an hour to get one 30 second spot recorded because she would screw up reading off the teleprompter a hundred times.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The problem is not us getting into politics, the problem is politics getting into us.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I've met him a couple of times at Phil Brady's and he is a nice guy, even if he dresses like a preacher or pimp (haven't decided which).

Politics? Well, IMO the loop and work downtown are going to be very important to the future of BR. IMO if a town isn't growing, it's going to be shrinking and the loss of money will make your properties less valuable (or grow less) and crime will increase even more.

I don't think the city does enough to maintain the appearance of city property and I think Kip is weak on crime. Or he focuses on the wrong things to stop crime (stop light cameras, gun cameras....). I didn't vote for him the last time around, but he was one of the better candidates.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    He is a member of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, a political arm of the Violence Policy Center. That is more than enough to prevent me from voting for him. This group is made up of some of the most anti-2nd Amendment mayors in America- some of whom have had their run-ins with the law (see link below)...

http://armsandthelaw.com/archives/antigun_groups/index.php

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    He's a genuinely nice guy who loves to tell jokes and listen to what you have to say. He's been in the studio many times recording commercials and always nails the spot on the first take, telling jokes the whole time before and after. I worked on a charity game show with him and boy he loves to drink. He took a shot of JD with everyone backstage before the show.

I don't get into politics too much. I really don't know what his position on any issue is and don't much care. He always has a genuine smile, is very sharply dressed, and is an excellent public speaker.

He is the very opposite of Kathleen Blanco in that regard. It would take her an hour to get one 30 second spot recorded because she would screw up reading off the teleprompter a hundred times.

That's all well and good . But , nothing you said has any bearing on the future of Baton Rouge or EBR Parish . Sounds like he's just a good actor .

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    That's all well and good . But , nothing you said has any bearing on the future of Baton Rouge or EBR Parish . Sounds like he's just a good actor .

The problem is when people put faith in the idea that one person can save a city. A city is bigger than one man. There are 250,000 other people in this city that can do more to change things than any bill, law, or improvement program could ever do.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Believe me , I have no illusions that any one person can save a city . However , one person can steer it in a direction that is not in our best interest . One person that has the blind support of a lot of folks that are fooled by his big smile and expensive suits .
    I see right through his ******** game .

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area

Not to be rude, Teddy, but that kind of thinking is the exact reason Obama got elected. He looks like he's a good guy, he's such a funny person, he speaks so well, he is so handsome, he makes me feel good, and on and on and on.

Personally, I could 100% give a **** about the personality of just about any politician. The chance of me meeting most of them is about ZERO, and the chance of me going out and having a beer or even an extended conversation with any of them IS zero.

*Insert politician's name here* could be the greatest, most laid back personable person on the entire ****ing Earth. If they drive the country off a cliff and enact horrible policies, none of that matters for ****.

Again, not trying to be a dick, but be very careful where that line of thought leads you, my friend.

Rhans405

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I think he's a nice guy but he's a face only. He shows up for ribbon cuttings, ground breakings, etc. But as far as political influence, he has none. BR is too conservative to let any of his liberal taxing ways pass (take his resounding tax plan defeat last year or so). So, I think he's harmless.

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Overall I have found him to be pretty good as a mayor......Crime is the big problem right now and it seems that they are trying to contain it to "certian" areas......

I don't know what they need to do to break the back of the current crime "wave" other than kick in a few doors and crack some heads......Maybe it is just the trash killing each other off.....

I liked a few of the proposals that he had for city improvements and I think some of them might have passed if he had listened to some others and broke the proposals into 4 or so different parts.

I have met the man and having be a life long B.R. resident I have been surprised at how well overall he has done. I think he handled the katrina problem with the feds very well.......

He sure as hell beats the TOOLS we have had for mayors recently and I am afraid what we may get in the future.......Wayne Carter:rofl::rofl:

That is one self rightous jack-ass if I have ever seen one.......

He can just stay in Central and keep to himself.........

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Overall I have found him to be pretty good as a mayor......Crime is the big problem right now and it seems that they are trying to contain it to "certian" areas......

I don't know what they need to do to break the back of the current crime "wave" other than kick in a few doors and crack some heads......Maybe it is just the trash killing each other off.....

I liked a few of the proposals that he had for city improvements and I think some of them might have passed if he had listened to some others and broke the proposals into 4 or so different parts.

I have met the man and having be a life long B.R. resident I have been surprised at how well overall he has done. I think he handled the katrina problem with the feds very well.......

He sure as hell beats the TOOLS we have had for mayors recently and I am afraid what we may get in the future.......Wayne Carter:rofl::rofl:

That is one self rightous jack-ass if I have ever seen one.......

He can just stay in Central and keep to himself.........

Wayne Carter is in Zachary. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I could have sworn he lived in Central........:confused::confused:

Oh well, I apologize to Central then.........

I could have sworn that the local news put him in Central.........my mistake..... He is still a TOOL!!!:p:p

Local news might have you know how they are. He did live off La. 64 between Zachary school and La 964

Top Bottom