What AK would you recommend and why?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    I do not currently own an AK, but I am thinking of jumping into the 7.62 x 39mm waters.
    If you are an AK guy what AK Mfg. & Model would you recommend and why?

Thanks in advance.
    Paintball

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    WBP Jack. Quality rifle and it’s an import. With the stroke of the pen potato Joe can triple the price overnight. Zastava is also a good value. Check out Atlantic Firearms and give Exile Armory a call for Zastava price. FYI the Zastava M90 and M77 gas adjustable system is $hit. A detent would solve the issue but…they chose to go a flemsy sheet metal tab.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    For the money, PSA. Especially if you luck up and catch a Blem.
    They call them blemished when they want to sell a bunch at a lower price to move them. Remember, PSA sells directly to the public. Like a manufacturer sells to retail outlets.
    my first one was 599 and after about a year I bought another for 699. Forged steel trunion is what I was looking for. The receivers are nice. Ive been through a can and a half of wolf and monarch in the first one with no complaints. I did have to ditch one of the mags I had that was causing issues but it was clearly the mag. The newish one gets little use but runs fine too.
    Prices are going up.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I just can't seem to justify me buying one, not saying they aren't a good weapon, just not my cup of tea. I have plenty of friends who have them, but I haven't drank the AK Kool-aid. Good luck with your search, I will keep an eye on this thread just to do more research.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    I just can't seem to justify me buying one, not saying they aren't a good weapon, just not my cup of tea. I have plenty of friends who have them, but I haven't drank the AK Kool-aid. Good luck with your search, I will keep an eye on this thread just to do more research.

I understand Bam Bam because I never thought I would want an AK. I have to say that they look fun and I'm leaning towards the Zastava M70 right now. Going to take my time before pulling the trigger on a purchase.

Top Bottom