What AR-10?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red Leader

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Hahnville, La
    Thinking about getting rid of the semi-exotic weapons I have and going strictly with the AR10 and 15 platforms. Any AR10 show up better than the others? A better question is are there any to stay away from?

Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA
    There ant nothing wrong with DPMS. If you want to give your money away I will be happy to take from you. I have two DPMS Lr-308’s and they are every thing and do everything I want to do with them. I only use mine to Deer hunt with so nothing special.

DPMS LR-308 20" Rifle

DPMS LR-308 16" Carbine home built

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    To each his own, but I have had 2 dpms lr308's and have been nothing but reliable and very accurate!!! I wouldn't doubt them for a min!!!

LAram567

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Metairie, Louisiana
    The new dpms g2 AR-10 style rifles are really great,worlds better than the original dpms AR-10's. If all you are looking for is a hunting rifle the old dpms's will do fine but with the g2 recon coming in at ~$1200 there is really no reason to go with an older model. If you want to bring your budget up a little bit you could get the Wilson Combat .308 Super Sniper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    image_zpstgxypiut.jpeg

I run the 20 inch pof and I enjoy it

Bayou Bubba

Bayou Blaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2015
    Belle Chasse, LA.
    I've got a Dpms Ar/15. Changed out the hand guard with a 12 quad rail. Aim point red dot for close quarters and a Leopold 3x9x50 for long range. Shoots 3/4" groups at 300 yard all day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I had one that I shot one 3/4 group with at 300 at Palo Alto, but that could've been a fluke. Chaser saw it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I had one that I shot one 3/4 group with at 300 at Palo Alto, but that could've been a fluke. Chaser saw it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've got enough cash to put some on you too Joe. You ready? 5 shots, 300 yards, 0.750 inches or less center to center with an AR-10 platform. Group will be measured by taking the maximum linear distance from the outside edge of the one hole to the outside edge of the furthest hole and subtracting bullet diameter. One 5 round string to be fired ONLY! First 5 rounds of the day period. Group will be fired by the shooter, not a device operating the trigger for you, from the prone position with only the aid of a bipod and 1 rear bag. I'm willing to bet $10,000 cash. LET ME KNOW!!! If your 5 round group is equal to or less than 0.750 inches I pay you. If it is over you pay me. Show somebody the cash and Ill make the trip on a weekend. I'm sure Mickey would be willing to open up Palo Alto for us to make it happen.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom