What are you listening to?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Great story, I have yet to see him live, its on my short list though.
    He's playing tonight with Jerry Jeff- bet thats a good show.

You know it. ;)
    If I'm not mistaken he either owns or use to own a club on 6 st. I'd seen him several times when I was living there.

Art

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Rush (new album out soon! hopefully they'll come back in concert).

No rap for me either. Just about anything else is OK. I'm not big into country (very old country is OK- Charlie Daniels, Hank Williams Jr, etc). I'm on the road a lot so I look for different stuff. Check out Cruxshadows and Blind Guardian (and their work under Demons & Wizards). Blue Man Group on occasion (I'd like to see them live also). Godsmack, Joe Satriani, Pink Floyd, old Metallica, Zepplin. Oh, yeah, Dragonforce! I dug up some Dio since he just died... At home I usually just hit shuffle...

ballad, but good...
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGMx0YkeTFQ[/ame]

Dragonforce
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg8VFMZ6_g8[/ame]

Great lyrics...
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8GMD8B8EbE[/ame]

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I'm scattered. I prefer alternative or lesser known female vocal artists.

Emilie Autumn
    Rasputina
    Jolie Holland
    Persephone
    Sierra Swan
    The Pierces....

If I'm in a mainstream mood,

Nickelback
    Hinder
    Puddle of Mudd
    Buckcherry
    Rob Zombie and the ilk

Then there's the European-ish stuff....
    Within Temptation
    Midnattsol
    Nightwish

I also have lots of new age music. I have all of Nox Arcana and Medieval Baebes. Some Adiemus... I listen to a smeltering of your more well known neo-earth religion friendly bands, Revel Moon, Moonstruck, Three Wyrd Sisters and so forth.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    For girl voices Rebbecca Pigeon tops my list.

I'm listening to Stereolab - Les Yper-Sound

Saw them at the Howlin' Wolf years ago right before that poor girl was killed on her bike.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV9EFZ_GwqM[/ame]

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I enjoy listening to CDs of myself.

Ok, seriously- a LOT of talk radio, Guntalk's Podcast, Michael Savage, etc.
    Music: A heavy dose of Sirius/XM, that includes 60s, 70s, 80's, classic rock, classic country, modern rock, modern country, and gangsta rap (I'm kidding). Basically- I'm all over the place.

dbolemiss

Rebel Fan
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    New Iberia,LA
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd906MTv92o[/ame]

Whiskey is hard to beat!!!!!!!!!!!!

also a little Hank 3 is up there!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6B-X6EEiHE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-qdQ2AI2H0&feature=related[/ame]

had to put a little of the best GG
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCYAflHm-U4&feature=fvw[/ame]

Last edited:

Cocked

Feeling Cocky
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Then there's the European-ish stuff....
    Within Temptation
    Midnattsol
    Nightwish

When I first heard Nightwish I fell in love with Tarja Turunen (she's like a refined Doro Pesch). I would add Lacuna Coil to that mix, holy **** I used to terrorize my neighbors with that stuff (sounds phenomenal when played extremely loud).

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Earlier tonight I was bench testing a Orion 280GX amplifier and I pulled out the following CDs to listen to:

The Bloodhound Gang - One Fierce Beer Coaster

Cake - Fashion Nugget

Ministry - The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste

T-maggot

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Mandeville

Thank you! Friends of mine have been telling me to check out Hank the Third for more than a few years now and I just keep forgetting (I get forgetful trying to juggle to many hobbies with barely enough money to do any of them). I'll have to add some to my Ipod.
    Haven't heard or seen GG in years. I wasn't a big fan, but had friends that are. It's been way to long since I've seen them. Going to have to remedy that......

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    When I first heard Nightwish I fell in love with Tarja Turunen (she's like a refined Doro Pesch). I would add Lacuna Coil to that mix, holy **** I used to terrorize my neighbors with that stuff (sounds phenomenal when played extremely loud).

I do have Lacuna Coil's stuff, a little bit of Leaves Eyes and oh... Some of Tristania. Not much of them though.

I'll have to check out Turunen. I like Doro, I have one of her albums but it's rarely listened too.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Ray Wylie Hubbard story.
    On Halloween night in 1985 or 86 (forget which :rolleyes:) a friend & I were in a bar on the corner of 6th Street & San Jacinto, in Austin, listening to Ray Wylie.
    The street was packed with 100,000+ people partying. Ray & band are playing away and all of a sudden they just stop in mid song looking dumbfounded.
    The people outside start running, yelling and screaming.

What had happened was Ray's bus had been parked around the corner and uphill.
    The parking brake slipped and she started rolling down the hill. When it got to 6th Street the SOB took a left turn just as if somebody was behind the wheel.
    The bus rolled another block and a half before it came to a stop when it ran into a light pole.

As I said, the street was packed with people. Unbelievably, the only injury was a girl who broke her ankle when she tripped on the street curb.

I walked up to Ray and handed him a drink, saying that he looked like he needed it. Trust me, he did.
    After they straightened everything up, they got back on stage and started playing "Magic Bus". :D

True story. ;)

Art

TRUE STORY.............July 4, 1975; a buddy of mine and I left for Austin at 8:30PM on July 3rd in a MGB with 4 cases of beer headed to Willie Nelson's 4th of July Picnic. We arrived the next morning, spent the day in the sun and some river with about 500 nekkid women. About 3 PM July 4th, beer was gone!! Don't think we ever saw Willie, (matter of fact, not sure who we did see except the Pointer Sisters) did see a stage hand pull out his 45 Colt revolver and shoot a hole in the cover over the stage to drain the water from an afternoon storm. :D:D:D:D

Went back about 6 years ago and I swear the same people from 1975 were there on their Harleys' pulled behind their motor homes. :cool::cool::cool:

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    Lately I've been listing to:

The Heavy
    Cage the Elephant
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
    Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears
    Needtobreath
    Eric Lindell
    White Rabbits

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Metallica - Kill'em All
    Justin Bieber
    Sarah McLachlan
    Ted Nugent
    Chemical Brothers
    ATB
    Justice
    Pantera
    Johnny Cash
    Amos and Andy radio broadcasts from the 1940's

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    TRUE STORY.............July 4, 1975; a buddy of mine and I left for Austin at 8:30PM on July 3rd in a MGB with 4 cases of beer headed to Willie Nelson's 4th of July Picnic. We arrived the next morning, spent the day in the sun and some river with about 500 nekkid women. About 3 PM July 4th, beer was gone!! Don't think we ever saw Willie, (matter of fact, not sure who we did see except the Pointer Sisters) did see a stage hand pull out his 45 Colt revolver and shoot a hole in the cover over the stage to drain the water from an afternoon storm. :D:D:D:D

Went back about 6 years ago and I swear the same people from 1975 were there on their Harleys' pulled behind their motor homes. :cool::cool::cool:

I believe it, I went to a bunch of Willie's birthday bashes, made it to the second Farm Aid in Austin. Crazy parties.
    Even in the mid 80's some of the ladies still laid out topless (legally :eek3: :D) in Zilker Park (city park) and Barton Creek (city run swimming pool sorta, actually a dammed up creek).

Art

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom