What are you reading now

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I am waiting on two books to come in which are on the lighter side after several Intense reads.
    Hyena by Jude Angelini
    A collection of drunken, drug induced tales
    Get Fit, Get Laid, Get Your **** Together by Jason Ellis
    A "self help" guide to an awesome life, encouraging you to go get what you want but letting you know the consequences once you get it

After that I believe Im gonna read some Hemingway.

Xtra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2013
    Lafayette, La
    My current read at the moment is The Secret Order of Assassins "The struggle of the early Niari Isma ilis against the Islamic world". Just finished a reread of Generation Kill.

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    Been getting into the writings of Friedrich Nietzsche lately, particularly Twilight of the Idols and The Gay Science.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Just cracking into Clancy. Finished Rainbow Six a few weeks ago, reading Without Remorse right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    King, King, and more King. I decided a few months ago to read all his writings. I already had read about half. If you have never read The Stand, you are really missing out. I read it in a 3-day stretch in High School. It was so good I played sick to stay home and finish it. (ironic really, pretending to be sick to read the stand. Half way through I psychosomatically had a sore throat anyway!)

Last edited:

KvichakKing

Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Walker, LA
    Tom Clancy's Command Authority written before his death last fall. It's about the Russian incursion into the Ukraine only in the book we didn't have a Marxist fairy in the white house.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    King, King, and more King. I decided a few months ago to read all his writings. I already had read about half. If you have never read The Stand, you are really missing out. I read it in a 3-day stretch in High School. It was so good I played sick to stay home and finish it. (ironic really, pretending to be sick to read the stand. Half way through I psychosomatically had a sore throat anyway!)

Have you read The Dark Tower series? Not typical King, but some of my favorite books. I think he wrote them after Tolkien got popular, attempting something of the same genre, though King's is more of a Western fantasy.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Have you read The Dark Tower series? Not typical King, but some of my favorite books. I think he wrote them after Tolkien got popular, attempting something of the same genre, though King's is more of a Western fantasy.

I read up to the wastelands in high school, and waited impatiently for the rest as they came out. I was rooting really hard for King top pull through and be O.K. after he was hit by that van, because I couldn't stand the thought of him not finishing the series. Selfish, yes?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Command Authority (Clancy) is sitting on my nightstand. I haven't started it because I usually read a Clancy nonstop and I don't have a few days to spare right now... :)

Generation Kill was much better than the TV series.

I also read the latest Larry Corriea Dead 6 book. Dead 6 was good (and different), part 2 not so much.

Top Bottom