What are your favorite plinking targets?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    I like picking up old refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc to bring out to the property and turn into swiss cheese! Fun targets because you can hear when you hit and just keep sticking paper targets to them.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Hmm... we live in the Marigny, where our neighbors may be even closer. But between the rooster on one side of our house, and the constantly barking dogs on the other, I might just get away with it.

You tell the neighbor with the rooster you are seeing rats/mice as a result of that foolishness. Then tell the neighbor with the dog, you are thinking about broadcasting rat poison but would rather just shoot the mice/rats than endanger his pet.

If they both don't see it you way, call the department of health on the chicken, and the police evertime the dog barks. You will have pissed off neighbors, but at least you will feel vindicated.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Pig cadavers! :cheers:

(If none are available, near-rotten tomatoes or similar items, aluminum cans filled with water, flip-up targets, field rats, a log full-o-turtle, or whatever else may present itself.)

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    1/2 Gallon milk jug wrapped with hunter-orange duct tape (to keep it together longer), tied and staked to a berm. When you get on a roll, that thing looks like a basketball dribbling by itself.

2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Try shooting the chalk sold to kids to draw on the driveway. My sister -in -law bought my son a bunch of that crap, I do not like him to draw on the driveway so I took all the chalk and used them for target practice. Chalk turns in to a cloud when they are hit and you can get them in many colors. Lots of fun!

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    I prefer small targets.

I usually toss out a string of golf balls, empty 12ga hulls, and half broken clay pigeons at 35-40yds and go to town. Talk about a good way to up your marksmanship skills...

-Dave

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Quickdraw 22, hitting shotgun shells at 40 yards with a pistol is good shooting.

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    Usually shoot in a range here, so my preference are the paper targets that show up a flourescent ring when you shoot them, so you don't have to pull the target all the way back to view how you're doing.

~rc~

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    I like picking up old refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc to bring out to the property and turn into swiss cheese! Fun targets because you can hear when you hit and just keep sticking paper targets to them.

About a month ago I had an old computer monitor I was able to go to town on. It was pretty sweet watching it throw sparks and shatter.

Pookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    You tell the neighbor with the rooster you are seeing rats/mice as a result of that foolishness. Then tell the neighbor with the dog, you are thinking about broadcasting rat poison but would rather just shoot the mice/rats than endanger his pet.

If they both don't see it you way, call the department of health on the chicken, and the police evertime the dog barks. You will have pissed off neighbors, but at least you will feel vindicated.

We have a dog, too, and he pals around with the neighbor's dogs, so we usually don't mind the barking. The rooster mostly only crows in the morning, but we're early risers, so that doesn't bother us much either. Apparently, you can have a rooster and/or hens in New Orleans... my neighbor isn't the only one. There's another guy in our neighborhood with three dogs and a pig. But the rat/mouse scenario might be plausible.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom