What are your opinions on this video explanation of use of words??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    That intro bit about the spatula, and the finishing part regarding boxcutters and fertilizer, are terrifically simple illustrations of what I've been saying for years. Anything used by one person to injure another is an "assault wepon," but somehow that term is never applied to demonize anything other than guns, and there is a reason for that.

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    I only see one big flaw in it, the talk of weapons of mass destruciton after 9/11 were not so much meant for us, those are diplomatic catch phrases and were mainly targeted at the governments of other countries.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Everything he said was spot on.

Yes, How many AR's are there in the US that have not assaulted anyone? If they have not assaulted anyone then how can they be assault weapons. So let's say a gun hating woman calls my AR an assault weapon because it has the potential to be one. My reply is she must be she a prostitute because she has the potential to be one. She has a vagina and a mouth right? So she must be a prostitute by this logic.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Yes, How many AR's are there in the US that have not assaulted anyone?

All of them.

I don't have much computer savvy, but I've thought for a while that it would be neat to have a "No Kill Clock" site online, kind of like those ticking debt clocks and such. This "No Kill Clock" would consist of a two panel video, one showing a repeated loop from point of purchase to loading and placement of a firearm in front of the webcam which would feed continuous, timed feed to the other panel from placement onward. The clock would stop if and when the loaded gun decided to go ahead and kill someone, that being never. It would just be a reinforcement, the kind of thing that could be linked/displayed in the corner of a page, we all know that the banners know that it's the person, not the object, but the reminder is needed for the easily led masses who learn their world view and make their voting decisions by following links. Sometimes they might recognize truth if it's pointed out to them.

ZombieHuntr

Out the box....
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    East Baton Rouge
    Yes, How many AR's are there in the US that have not assaulted anyone? If they have not assaulted anyone then how can they be assault weapons. So let's say a gun hating woman calls my AR an assault weapon because it has the potential to be one. My reply is she must be she a prostitute because she has the potential to be one. She has a vagina and a mouth right? So she must be a prostitute by this logic.

this couldn't have been said any better. the guy in this video couldn't be more correct.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Beyond what he said, I like how he said it. Furthermore, he has the look of a "hipster" that I would say is traditionally associated with democrats. Something like this is a million times more effective than the crap Alex Jones pulled with Piers Morgan.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Beyond what he said, I like how he said it. Furthermore, he has the look of a "hipster" that I would say is traditionally associated with democrats. Something like this is a million times more effective than the crap Alex Jones pulled with Piers Morgan.

Yet all those probably watching it are already on the bandwagon...

In other words, I agree with knowledge being available to the public. The sad part is it's just more preaching to the choir. Not saying do nothing, but choose where to spend your time wisely. WE all have a finite amount of it on this planet. Plant the seed, move on. If they seek the truth, they will find you.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I only see one big flaw in it, the talk of weapons of mass destruciton after 9/11 were not so much meant for us, those are diplomatic catch phrases and were mainly targeted at the governments of other countries.
    Except that the term has been abused to try and target domestic criminals with terrorist charges, so it becomes applicable... rare... but applicable.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Kind of like Coloin Noir - any gun supporter that helps people break their idea that gun owners and NRA supporters are 55 year old rich white men, or middle aged shirtless rednecks in a trailer... the better.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    There is truth behind every stereotype. The "gun" community is seen that way because we have a large population of those types of member (nothing wrong with that). However, if we're ever going to "win" this battle, we have to put our best foot and representatives forward.

This is likely impossible when people like Piers Morgan get tin-hat gun-toters to come on his show and act like a belligerent *******.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Yes there is truth to every stereotype, however stereotypes live longer than their truth, and I fully believe the gun owning population majority is not shirtless rednecks in trailers and farmhouses (incidentally, that's where I come from) anymore, but is the ever-expanding middle class and upper class of owners. Gun owning age is also decreasing, introducing a crowd more likely to contain the types of people like "hipsters" and other 'scene' types, which can only help create a "RELATABLE" aspect to gun ownership that didn't exist before. Liberal gun ownership is increasing a lot, supposedly. I've read a bit about it on NPR and such places. There's a forum dedicated to it: http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/ along with calguns being rife with liberals, for obvious reasons.

It's only going to get better for the image of gun owners, and for PR purposes, shedding the Wayne LaPierre and Ted Nugent image would be all the better.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    You're actually bothered that there are more gun supporters than you thought there were?

I guess they (libs) were for it before they were against it before they were for it? This was the part I was talking about mostly however...

It's only going to get better for the image of gun owners, and for PR purposes, shedding the Wayne LaPierre and Ted Nugent image would be all the better.

What they may view as reasonable may not be the same as the rest of world would. Comprimise city. Go for it. I for one cannot believe you'd support people who would comprimise your rights away under the guise of "fairness" or "moderation"... sic. ad nauseum...

Same people who sold us down the river everytime these gun restrictions come up... Rollover, heel..... lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom