What are your other hobbies besides guns and ammo?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    My GTO , unborn son , video games , movies , and archery . Sadly as the case is i cant afford any of them as much as I like , sep the important one . Not even born yet and im spending more money on him then I have on anything else .......minus the wife . As I understand it , it is life . And wouldnt have it anyother way .

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I enjoy riding 4 wheelers, motor cycles and I use to fly RC airplanes...alot, but my "other addiction" is my biggest money pit....Drag Racing or playing with my race car. I don't get to race it much any more, I just go sit in it and do this! Click on pic!

In it's Glory days!
    Super_Chevy.jpg

This what it looks like lately, in serious need of some body work and paint!
    105_3241.jpg

If I have the time to mess with it, no money, if I have the money, no time! Go figure! Just ain't fair I tell ya!

Bam Bam

Last edited:

Cornbread504

Drink coffee and destroy.
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Uptown NOLA
    Tattooing is a hobby as much as it is a job for me... other than that I am a huge space nerd. I have a small modest telescope that I use to see some pretty neat stuff. I also have rigged up a home made adapter that attaches my camera to the scope. After months of experimenting with different settings, I finally got somewhere with the moon... now I have moved on to trying to capture Jupiter but I really think I just need more powerful equipment for that, although that will not stop me from trying.
    super1.jpg

super2.jpg

this is the moon and jupiter together about 2 weeks ago
    moonandjupiter2.jpg

this is just jupiter... it might not look like much but it took me an hour to get it and this was the best of about 45 pics
    297487_10150436773423356_675858355_11175128_576115652_n.jpg

jjss

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Mar 13, 2010
    New Orleans
    i play a lot of poker. not so much the gambling, but i'm into the analytical part. previously i was big into chess, but i haven't played in anything serious in awhile. recently i volunteered myself to take over as president for a school org and its started to consume my freetime and mental clarity. i'm a big sports nut too

Cornbread504

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Uptown NOLA
    the moon and jupiter pic is pretty neat man
    thanks, that pic is actually kind of a frankenstein photo.... the moon showed up really crisp with the settings one way, and jupiter showed up best with different settings. Both pics were from the same position on the tripid.... chopped them both in half and put them together. It was done in paint, i wouldnt even know where to begin with photoshop or gimp

Cornbread504

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Uptown NOLA
    oh and i almost forgot... we've been getting really into throwing knives at work lately in our down time... we have a nice back yard with a surplus of plywood and about two dozen throwing knives, add a few bored tattoo artists and a piercer to the mix and it pretty much spells destruction and accidental injury but we are all getting pretty fierce with them there thangs

Mac204

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    CenLa
    I am a big fan of astronomy. I have an 8" reflector on an equatorial mount, solar filter, a bunch of eyepieces and other filters and also rigger up a camera adapter. I also build fullsize football helmets of my favorite teams. I've done the Vikings already and after bout 8 months of research I finally found the correct color of LSU's nike pro combat helmet we wore 2 years ago against Arkansas. It's out for paint now and will be back for me to finish up thurs or fri. Ill post some pics of the vikings helmet tomorrow aand, of corse, the lsu one when finished.

southerner985

sheepdog
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Norco
    im a musician if im not workin or doing the gun thing im playing music...photography...im into the church thing too...jam for the lamb

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    Motorcycle riding (Harley) , guitar playing (well, beating on it and making noise), RV'n, camping, old movies ( this month is Buster Keaton month on TCM) and trying to stay alive (liver disease). Hoping to get into Gold Prospecting, already have metal detectors.

Anyone want to go to Fletcher, North Carolina this weekend for Gold and Treasure show? Show is this Sat and Sunday. Looking for someone to ride along motorcycle and camp. If I can find another rider will probably leave here on Thursday.

Bayou Boy

Send it!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Quitman, LA
    I hunt with squirrel dogs (I know it's still hunting), fly single engine Cessna airplanes, attend all kinds of ballgames my son is involved with..

Top Bottom