What are your political beliefs?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which belief system best describes you?

• Conservative

Votes: 74 96.1%
    • Liberal

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters

Louisiana68

Conservative
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    N/A
    The poll should include Libertarian at a minimum, Tea Party for at least this cycle and Independent for those that don't fit neatly into checkboxes.

Sorry for not including your political belief system. I mainly just put the two most widely known parties out there.

Also...

CONSERVATIVES - believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals.

Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.

LIBERALS - believe in government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. It is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need.

Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Fiscal Responsibility - Limited Government - Free Market

This cycle will not allow a third or fourth party..we are at a crossroads....

If you believe in ...Fiscal Responsibility - Limited Government - Free Market

Vote Republican ....

Leave the third and more partys alone for now...

The others, are good, I like and support some of them, but rat now....it's a two party fite

VagabondLiberty

Intrepid Vagabond
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    LA
    The definition of conservatives that was just provided might have been what traditional conservatives believed in, but not today's repackaged version which only claims conservatism when on the campaign trail. Today's repackaged version is just as much about big government and the propagation of a welfare and dependency state as the supposed "liberals" For further reading on why I refuse to side with the "conservatives", take a look at F.A. Hayek's "Why I'm Not a Conservative"

I am quite liberal when it comes to social values which would align me with what most people would refer to as the "liberals". Problem there is that I do not subscribe to the victim mentality not the idea where government is going to be able to instill any sense of equality. All that government backed equality by force instills is a sense of tension and resentment towards the group the government is supposedly trying to help.

I used to identify with the libebrtarians. Used to...until the last election cycle with Bob Barr and Wayne Allen Root. The Libertarian party has simply become a place for disaffected neocons like the two candidates from the last election and guys like Glenn Beck. Glenn Beck might have some views close to those of libertarians, but as soon as Republicans regain control we'll see how libertarian and small government he really is.

At this point, if I had to group myself within a box it would be somewhere between the lines of the various schools of individualist thought of the 19th century. However, the biggest problem in this country outside of the growth of government and a welfare state is the collectivist mindset that controls both sides of the current aisle.

If only we would have piad attention to the words of George Washington during his farewell address...

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    The definition of conservatives that was just provided might have been what traditional conservatives believed in, but not today's repackaged version which only claims conservatism when on the campaign trail. Today's repackaged version is just as much about big government and the propagation of a welfare and dependency state as the supposed "liberals" For further reading on why I refuse to side with the "conservatives", take a look at F.A. Hayek's "Why I'm Not a Conservative"

I am quite liberal when it comes to social values which would align me with what most people would refer to as the "liberals". Problem there is that I do not subscribe to the victim mentality not the idea where government is going to be able to instill any sense of equality. All that government backed equality by force instills is a sense of tension and resentment towards the group the government is supposedly trying to help.

I used to identify with the libebrtarians. Used to...until the last election cycle with Bob Barr and Wayne Allen Root. The Libertarian party has simply become a place for disaffected neocons like the two candidates from the last election and guys like Glenn Beck. Glenn Beck might have some views close to those of libertarians, but as soon as Republicans regain control we'll see how libertarian and small government he really is.

At this point, if I had to group myself within a box it would be somewhere between the lines of the various schools of individualist thought of the 19th century. However, the biggest problem in this country outside of the growth of government and a welfare state is the collectivist mindset that controls both sides of the current aisle.

If only we would have piad attention to the words of George Washington during his farewell address...

By this,your reply...would you vote dem or rep....in the oh 10 election...??

If only .....yea....me too........but this is not the by and by...it's the nasty now and now

This time has to be republican with the most real republican values....

This coming election is not a political buffet....it's a matter of survival

VagabondLiberty

Intrepid Vagabond
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    LA
    By this,your reply...would you vote dem or rep....in the oh 10 election...??

Thankfully, I live in a district where I can vote Republican. Mostly because I live in a district where the Republican incumbent is mostly hated by the establishment Republicans who have tried for the last three election cycles to get rid of their fly.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Please stop with the "elected a black man" stuff.

I don't care what color he is.

It is what he is doing that I don't like.

leVieux

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

If only we would have paid attention to the words of George Washington during his farewell address...(and a few others, too)

Amen!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom