What CLEO's will sign off NFA?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flemgunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    lafayette
    Hey yall Im gonna try to start a database of who will and wont sign off (CLEO wise) on NFA items. Ill need yalls input for this so just put down in the thread if yall know who will and wont sign off.
    Also if there are any stipulations like "must provide reach around" things like that.
    Thanx yall

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Jefferson Parish Sheriff, Newell Normand WILL NOT sign!

For SBR, Suppressors, MGs or everything? I only ask because I've /heard/ that the current Lafayette Sheriff is ok with SBRs but doesn't think people should have silencers, so you can at least get the one - which makes a difference for some people.

Do you have a date of the last confirmed rejection?

Maybe including that will keep it from being hearsay and keep things up to date. I'm guessing that when the trust/llc no longer becomes an easy circumvention, that "influential" residents of their parishes might lean on them and make them change their minds. Purely conjecture, but if a Sheriff or Chief of Police has changed his mind, it'd be good to know.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    EBR. Gautreaux will sign. Have to provide DL and SS # I believe. And it takes a month or so. But he'll sign. Sheriff Litchfield had me in and out in an hour several times.

Just moved to Ascension. I have no idea if he'll sign.

dominion99

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Pierre Part
    Assumption Parish Sherriff Mike Waguespack signed off for an sbr for me in june. Haven't gotten to where i can get a suppressor yet so i don't know how he stands on that issue.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Caddo Parish---Sheriff Steve Prator---Typically signs my Form 4's in 24-72 hours. He has signed multiple suppressor and SBR, I haven't got the bank account to support MG's.

rr1154

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    Even if your current CLEO now signs forms 1 & 4, there is always the risk that his or her successor will refuse to do so.

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Hey yall Im gonna try to start a database of who will and wont sign off (CLEO wise) on NFA items. Ill need yalls input for this so just put down in the thread if yall know who will and wont sign off.
    Also if there are any stipulations like "must provide reach around" things like that.
    Thanx yall

Flem,

A bunch of us SOTs are going to try and have a "must sign" statute passed similar to what AK and TN have already done. I am actually going to make a post in the Sponsors Section for SOTs who are Sponsors to post their info so I can start a list of people that we can say are supporting this bill (going to do it in the Sponsors Section so I just get a list of names and address without a lot of discussion). This bill could impact our livelihood because as Rene correctly pointed out just because the current Sheriff signs doesn't mean the next will. We need to take arbitrary refusal out of the picture. If you aren't a prohibited person, they have to sign within 15 days. Period.

Now, I don't think the next legislative session starts until the spring and the law probably won't go effective until August even if we get it passed in that session (I don't think it's going to be a problem but I want to go at this full bore the first time). So we may have a certain period of "downtime". Not much we can do about that, but I refuse to sit on my hands and let them screw us forever.

Flem maybe we can drag you up to Capital Hill and have you pose for some pics with lawmakers. Be good to have a celebrity promoting the cause. LOL.

cajun007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    metairie
    Anyone know a Leo that will sign in Jefferson parish? Since westwego is it's own city,would that Leo be sufficient,since it's in Jeff parish?

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    You would have to live within that chief's jurisdiction. May want to look into trusts or LLC's if that doesn't apply to you.

Top Bottom