What CLEO's will sign off NFA?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    I live in old metairie,and have two pending with a trust,but trying to find out for when law changes.

Well, that is the ten million dollar question. If your stuff is filed you should be good. The comment period ends the first week in December I think. I don't know when they will put this EO into effect though. It could be immediately, it could be years.

FYI, the NFA community has known about this proposed rule change for years---in a slightly different version. They were supposed to be adding prints/pics for all RP in a trust/corp but also doing away with the CLEO signature for everything. This would have made sense as you don't even need a CLEO signature for a FFL (just a notification). Instead they added the prints pics and left the CLEO sig requirement in place. ******** move.

flemgunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    lafayette
    Flem,

A bunch of us SOTs are going to try and have a "must sign" statute passed similar to what AK and TN have already done. I am actually going to make a post in the Sponsors Section for SOTs who are Sponsors to post their info so I can start a list of people that we can say are supporting this bill (going to do it in the Sponsors Section so I just get a list of names and address without a lot of discussion). This bill could impact our livelihood because as Rene correctly pointed out just because the current Sheriff signs doesn't mean the next will. We need to take arbitrary refusal out of the picture. If you aren't a prohibited person, they have to sign within 15 days. Period.

Now, I don't think the next legislative session starts until the spring and the law probably won't go effective until August even if we get it passed in that session (I don't think it's going to be a problem but I want to go at this full bore the first time). So we may have a certain period of "downtime". Not much we can do about that, but I refuse to sit on my hands and let them screw us forever.

Flem maybe we can drag you up to Capital Hill and have you pose for some pics with lawmakers. Be good to have a celebrity promoting the cause. LOL.

LOL whatever will help the cause man.
    We are actually working with some folks on the same type deal. We need to sit down together and join our work.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Well, that is the ten million dollar question. If your stuff is filed you should be good. The comment period ends the first week in December I think. I don't know when they will put this EO into effect though. It could be immediately, it could be years.

FYI, the NFA community has known about this proposed rule change for years---in a slightly different version. They were supposed to be adding prints/pics for all RP in a trust/corp but also doing away with the CLEO signature for everything. This would have made sense as you don't even need a CLEO signature for a FFL (just a notification). Instead they added the prints pics and left the CLEO sig requirement in place. ******** move.

The process so far to get my 07/02 has moved further along them my purchase of a transferable machine gun...

Baton Rouge is hit or miss on timing. I have talked to his secretary, and it just depends on when you get your information in and when he sits and signs. It could be a week or could be a month, depends on how things go. I have received thank you letters for each FFL notification I have sent them (03, 06 and 07).

Top Bottom