what do you guard your property with?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    this thread is ridiculous.

to guard a generator in your yard- use your cell phone. when crimes happen that don't threaten your life you've already paid for someone else to handle that for you.

Their number is 911.

The alternative? Get some protection in case someone steals your generator and you follow absurd advice to shoot over it. I'd suggest (again) your cell phone. Program the number of a few good attorneys in.... you'll need it.

Alternative #2: big dog.

During / after a hurricane phones may not be working, not to mention police have more important things to do than worry about someone stealing gas or even a generator.

Dog & chain work. I doubt someone is going to come in my yard to steal my generator with me home. I have neighbors nearby also...

If they are a real threat then I don't want rock salt shells.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I guard my PROPERTY with cameras and motion sensor lighting. Which has a 12v and solar back up. (12v can run the system for 36 hrs with no light) and can be run/charged off of generator.

Last edited:

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    wow guys!

*catches breath*

i just chased a midget looter out of my computer room. why was he on this site using my pc? i wonder if he is trying to frame me.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I wasn't going after OP so much as the entire first page of people listing whether buck shot or rock salt was better to shoot a looter in the face with lol

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I didn't realize you were talking about the portable generators. I was thinking whole house. But still, chain it to something, and keep an eye on it.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    isn't body armor becoming more popular/cheaper? i think anyone can order body armor at ar500 and its not expensive. this is another reason why i like #4 buck. that 34 pellet load from federal has a nice full spread larger than a scull at 10 yards. *open choke*

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/65...4-buckshot-34-pellets-box-of-5?cm_vc=wishList

but its out of stock of course. on a different matter, if you need 50 yard + range with your open choke, the federal tactical low recoil flitecontrol patterns great at 50 yards. i can put all 00 pellets on a poster board at that distance. the full power version of this 2 3/4" flite control DOES NOT PATTERN THIS TIGHT.

*always check with your lawyer, blood alcohol lvl, and internet post history before defending yourself*

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    isn't body armor becoming more popular/cheaper? i think anyone can order body armor at ar500 and its not expensive. this is another reason why i like #4 buck. that 34 pellet load from federal has a nice full spread larger than a scull at 10 yards. *open choke*

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/65...4-buckshot-34-pellets-box-of-5?cm_vc=wishList

but its out of stock of course. on a different matter, if you need 50 yard + range with your open choke, the federal tactical low recoil flitecontrol patterns great at 50 yards. i can put all 00 pellets on a poster board at that distance. the full power version of this 2 3/4" flite control DOES NOT PATTERN THIS TIGHT.

*always check with your lawyer, blood alcohol lvl, and internet post history before defending yourself*

So you're worried about looters wearing AR500 coming to steal your generator? Really?

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    734c6-aliens-vs-predator-players-wanted-20090526000151286-0001.jpg

We all know the real answer to his question. At least, THIS ^ guy does.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Sweet! I'd rather Dance with the Devil than take a load of rocksalt in the buttocks

Let me just say you'll never see me voluntarily being on the receiving end of a shotgun loaded with rock salt.
    happy0170.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom