What good can a handgun do against an army

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Have you never googled "sheepdog shirt"? It ain't me making it douchey.

I dont see what the big deal is. He's a cute little guy. Not doushey at all. :dunno:

DOGSHIRTSTHREE070.jpg

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I'm just giving you a poke back, don't get all sensitive on me, if you do though, use the shirt. It's not sheep's wool, but cotton should be ok :D

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    The whole sheepdog thing is for douches with superiority complexes. Think about it...why a sheepdog? You "protect the flock"? Who says they want or need your "protection"? And if anyone was to be referred to as sheepdogs, it's the military and police that put on a uniform every day and protect us from the real boogeymen. Funny thing is, you'll never hear THEM refer to themselves as such.

Does that mean I'm a sheep? I like to think not. However I'd like to think of myself as whatever animal is not clueless, but certainly doesn't claim to give a **** about protecting any sheep. I'll take care of me and mine, but everyone else can kiss my hairy animal ass. :)

Sheep dog=Derp dog?

JR1572

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Tactics people... not philosophical Sh*#

What tactics? Are you advocating making nice with cops and then head shooting them? I'm failing to see how what you posted is relevant beyond being interesting history? I'm not seeing the parallel between 1941 germany and 2013 USA.

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    What tactics? Are you advocating making nice with cops and then head shooting them? I'm failing to see how what you posted is relevant beyond being interesting history? I'm not seeing the parallel between 1941 germany and 2013 USA.

Be careful. He is protected and has friends in high places.

JR1572

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I disagree with it and don't like it, but some old timers are stuck with it. I just let them go with it and nod along, pick up the conversation after they're past it, or just skim past it, like this article, and continue.

I know too many SME's who still parrot that bit to just use it as a sign to discredit or not believe someone. There are some smart and experienced guys out there who believe or retell the Sheep/Sheepdog/Wolf analogy and there are some smart and experienced guys who abhor it. I find it's mostly an age thing, more often than not. I give it a pass if the writer/orator is over a certain age.

+1 wolf sheepdog sheep analogy is only clever if you dull yourself to its intended purpose. criminals are not "wolves", carrying citizens are certainly not "sheepdogs" and citizens are not "sheep"

I like wolves (indeed all dogs) more than violent criminals. I could make a long winded case here, but alas; CCW are more like bears than sheepdogs. Sheepdogs defend, herd, and tend to sheep. Bears couldn't care less that the sheep got mauled. Just don't dare mess with the cubs or crawl into momma's den. Citizens individually I have a hard time calling "sheep", because sheep have the sense to congregate in herds as a defense mechanism and are vastly more vigilant and astute than the average victim. /flamesuit on

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

If in Sadam era Iraq... Naturally.

If in Nazi Germany... Absolutely.

Here in the US of A.... No.

Of historical and Militant interest... it is to me.

My point was that it was a discussion of tactics and (I've been guilty of it myself) devolved into a personal pissing match not relevant to the topic.

Carry on.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    If in Sadam era Iraq... Naturally.

If in Nazi Germany... Absolutely.

Here in the US of A.... No.

Of historical and Militant interest... it is to me.

My point was that it was a discussion of tactics and (I've been guilty of it myself) devolved into a personal pissing match not relevant to the topic.

Carry on.

Fair enough. It is an interesting piece of history.

Top Bottom