What gun do you CC?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'm 5' 12" 180lbs and I alternate my P7, a P2000SK, and a USP 9mm fullsize. I like the way my fullsize sits on me. The P2000SK is lighter and easy to conceal, and the P7, although it's a bit heavy for it's size compared to a poly gun, it's very thin by comparison, and I don't think you can have a more accurate and reliable firearm anywhere near that size.

I have a Comptac for my USPf, and Don Humes for my P7 and P2000SK. I'm going to get the Comptacs for those as well, just too lazy to order the bodies. The comptacs are just a lot slimmer and waaaaay more comfortable.

Last edited:

SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    6'1 230lbs. Carry a Para P-12 or S&W J frame 38. Whatever you decide upon....it will only help you if you have it on you WTSHTF. I know a lot of folks (I am one) who do not carry as often as they should because they are hung up on this gun or that gun, and not focused on EDC, concealment issues etc. A jennings .25 auto in your hand is better than a Kimber **** hot ninja tactical assasin blaster 6000 :ninja: in the gunsafe.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I'm 5'8" 160 and I carry a m&p9c in a comptac ctac, xd9sc in a mtac, or Lcp with a belt clip. I also have a pf9 with iwb Galco holster. In a week or so when I have enough rounds through my kahr cm9, I will start carrying it in a pjholster

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    Glock 27 iwb with galco 2nd amendment holster at 4 o'clock or a ruger lcp 380 in an uncle mikes number 2 holster n the front pocket

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Glock 19

glocks_3.jpg

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    I've been scowering the web for reveiws for all of the thin 9mms (PM9, PF9, DB9, etc..) and it seems some recieve more praise (PM9, PF9) but still have some bad reviews peppered in based on defects corrected by manufaturer, user errors (some people seem to think limp-wristing will lead to FTF on these weapons). You never hear that about glocks and I'd hate to just happen to "limp-wrist" at the wrong time and have a FTF. For that reason, I'll probably find a comfortable way to CC my G33 and buy a S&W J-frame also (just got my wife one).

To answer the earlier question, the main problem I foresaw with CCing the glock was my style. I wear well-fitting clothes and a gun over 1" thick would easily print. My ideal gun for concealing would be a P-3AT or LCP that I could fit in a pocket holster, but I want to pack a little more power than .380 while I'm limited (financially) to one or two guns. Maybe when I expand my collection I'll have a variety of CC weapons to choose from based on season, dress, etc...

I've heard nothing but praise about Kel Tec cutomer service so I may look into a PF9 over the competitors when I have some spare dough to piddle around with.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I've been scowering the web for reveiws for all of the thin 9mms (PM9, PF9, DB9, etc..) and it seems some recieve more praise (PM9, PF9) but still have some bad reviews peppered in based on defects corrected by manufaturer, user errors (some people seem to think limp-wristing will lead to FTF on these weapons). You never hear that about glocks and I'd hate to just happen to "limp-wrist" at the wrong time and have a FTF. For that reason, I'll probably find a comfortable way to CC my G33 and buy a S&W J-frame also (just got my wife one).

To answer the earlier question, the main problem I foresaw with CCing the glock was my style. I wear well-fitting clothes and a gun over 1" thick would easily print. My ideal gun for concealing would be a P-3AT or LCP that I could fit in a pocket holster, but I want to pack a little more power than .380 while I'm limited (financially) to one or two guns. Maybe when I expand my collection I'll have a variety of CC weapons to choose from based on season, dress, etc...

I've heard nothing but praise about Kel Tec cutomer service so I may look into a PF9 over the competitors when I have some spare dough to piddle around with.

Nothing wrong with concealing the PF9, I have one, and carried it for almost 2 years I think. Kahr now makes a CM9 which is about 200 dollars cheaper than the PM9, I picked one of those up too, and probably going to take it to the range tomorrow.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010

Taurus makes a small 9mm, comparable to that of the PF-9 - the 709. However, I haven't shot one personally so I don't know anything about how it feels, shoots, etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom