What happen to Vince ???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    I watch the show, and understand reality tv isn't... and I know it is old news, but maybe Vince had been planning an exit and this is how the producer wanted to handle it. It was just a little too staged to seem believable, my wife pointed it out after we watched it last night. She had me play last week's episode back. The part where Vince starts to help Kris with the rifle and sends him off to shoot mortars. He begins to look for the buffer, doesn't see it so he turns and grabs one off the table behind him, and you can hear him say 'f*ck it' under his breath, then says what sounds like 'we'll about it at the test fire'. What gets me is the camera zooms in on what is obviously a standard carbine buffer two or three times after he puts it on the table. I know editing, already knew what happened by the time they were pasting all the clips together, and to apply the 'dramatic music' when they show it and end the show on a shot of that buffer, but how did the camera guy know at that time to get those shots of that buffer that was going to play such a big role in the story line? Reality tv I guess...

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I am no AR expert, and have reserved comment in several of these RJF threads, however I have what may be a somewhat related question. Did I miss something in the piston AR episodes? Did Will and Kris "invent" something that already existed, or was/is theirs different?

I.B. Pimpin

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    I am no AR expert, and have reserved comment in several of these RJF threads, however I have what may be a somewhat related question. Did I miss something in the piston AR episodes? Did Will and Kris "invent" something that already existed, or was/is theirs different?
    Will invented the piston AR and the Masterkey.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA

Will did not invent the Masterkey. He incorporated the Saiga 12 into the concept. The original Masterkey used an 870 Remington

The Masterkey(or Remington 870 MCS(Module Combat Shotgun)) is a door breaching shotgun system manufactured by Knight's Armament Company.

The Masterkey(or Remington 870 MCS(Module Combat Shotgun)) is a door breaching shotgun system manufactured by Knight's Armament Company.

The Masterkey project was initiated during the 1980s to provide assault rifles with a potent built-in door breaching tool. Individual soldiers were often forced to carry a breaching shotgun in addition to their standard issue rifle, but the Masterkey removes this need. The system consists of a Remington 870 12 gauge pump-action shotgun mounted on a M16 or M4 assault rifle in an underbarrel configuration, much like the M203 grenade launcher. It has a 3-round internal magazine and can carry a fourth round in the chamber.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    He didn't invent the piston system for it either, they used a kit that has been in production for a long time. But I think IB was being sarcastic.

I.B. Pimpin

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    Will did not invent the Masterkey. He incorporated the Saiga 12 into the concept. The original Masterkey used an 870 Remington

I was joking sir.:)

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    There was an article on some of this a while back. He left Red Jacket and started Mesa Kinetic in Gonzales.

http://www.mesakineticresearch.com/

Mesa Kinetic Research LLC was founded in November of 2011 by Vincent Buckles in Gonzales, LA. Looking to bring a new dynamic and outlook to firearm design and applications, Buckles along with Jake Guidry began by searching for videos, articles, and publications that were clearly stating false information regarding ballistics research or firearm applications.

The lack of good scientifically tested or combat proven data was shocking. This inspired the two to begin their own research and development firm that would provide straight forward and honest data to those serving in uniform as well as law abiding civilians who want to make an educated purchase of a home or personal defense weapon. The concept does not stop at mere testing and evaluation. Buckles has spent his entire adult life as a trained gunsmith and prototype builder, responsible for the fabrication of many prototype weapons systems, some of which have been featured on television. Guidry is an LSU graduate with a background in engineering, business management, and computer design, as well as a skilled tactical weapons armorer. Mesa Kinetic Research is currently working on the improvement of several current weapon systems, and in the beginning stages of engineering new platforms. The goal of this company is to keep the good guys alive through the proper application of scientific testing and attention to detail. Mesa Kinetic Research LLC supports LE agencies, the US military, law abiding citizens and legal permanent residents of the United States of America. All federal laws and BATFE regulations apply at all times.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This kind of show is not geared for all of the "Gun Guru's" in boob tube land! It is catching ratings from shut-ins that have no idea there is a 2nd Amendment and those that can't fathom that some people like, handle, and shoot firearms in America.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette

Don't forget the 12 gauge suppressor. He invented that too.

Top Bottom