What have I done!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Old church cook book recipe.

Attachments

• IMG_5123.jpeg
      IMG_5123.jpeg
      294.2 KB · Views: 17

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    These guys slept through out the whole night. Figured they would be up every few hours asking for milk.

One of the two week old isn't doing to great. She won't take much milk at all. Will have to call jpaws today to see what can be done.
    fcb7b83786e954feec4a1aef160e3f23.jpg
    526e3e220c28d2ccbe0621b463aa63ba.jpg
    e10d8cbd41e5e6e30316f556bf63a8d2.jpg
    5d2e257f844a3c66593e9466726500a1.jpg
    90d124a6d8a396f436d24acb77b4b93a.jpg
    I think there is a movie where they bury cats to their necks and then start a lawnmower and…..

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    3 of my cats attacked a fox once. One faced off & the other two flanked it and snuck up on it, like a pride of lions, and then they all went after it. The fox looked back in both directions & saw the pride surrounding it & gtf out of there ASAP. I watched it from my bedroom window, was awesome. They also used to go after whatever the dogs went after. It would be two dogs and a cat or two tearing through the yard after opossums or whatever else. It was so funny to watch.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Well one of the 2week olds died yesterday evening. I had a feeling he wasn't going to make it. The other one was doing great till late last night. He was still purring and moving around but not taking any milk. Took him to the shelter and the vet there said he is fading out.. Not much they could do.

All 3 of the 4 weekers are doing great. Eating, pooping, sleeping, and wrestling.. Living the dream. Lol

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    2 week olds would be tough, if they got rejected by the mother she probably knew they'd die. Glad the 4 week olds are doing good! All lives matter! :D

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I prefer the Freedom of having no pets. I keep my life free of the costs, responsibility, smells, hair and other things that drop from pets.
    I've only been "petless" for a few years of my life, while they were pretty carefree nothing beats her waking up and giving her daddy some loving!

Attachments

• 20240508_172443.jpg
      20240508_172443.jpg
      431.6 KB · Views: 11

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I prefer the Freedom of having no pets. I keep my life free of the costs, responsibility, smells, hair and other things that drop from pets.
    I haven't lost any of my freedoms but yes pets are a responsibility. Which is why after our cat died we didn't get another one. Plus that cat grew up around birds so it never messed with our parakeet for the 13 years they lived together and neither this parrot.

That's why we decided to foster. All the fun of having kittens and then you trade them in for other kittens. They stay in a play pen when we aren't feeding or playing with them. I'll be very open about it on this forum of men and guns. Lol.. I love waking up in the morning before work to feed them/making their bottles, show them some love and clean them up. It slows things down. I'm blessed not to have a job that needs clocking in and out.. So I take advantage of that whenever I can. I don't expect my son to help but he sees me and I pray his kids will one day see him.

It also helps out the shelter. My son and I volunteered there a few times. The amount of work the full time volunteers and paid employees do takes a lot of dedication and can be taxing.

Easter is, imo, the worst. People dropping off rabbits they got just for the holiday. Rabbits are NOT easy to take care of and not every veterinarian can tend to them.
    From what I have been told they are also not as resilient as a cat and dog. They take up more resources and put a strain on the whole system.... Because "my baby wanna bunny rabbit."

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I've only been "petless" for a few years of my life, while they were pretty carefree nothing beats her waking up and giving her daddy some loving!
    You have a border collie too? They love you so damn much it's hard to stay mad at them for anything, lol.

Ball is Life!!!

Cats have equal or more loyalty it's just expressed differently. I miss my kitty like crazy, she used to sit in between my feet, for the morning drop off of kids at the pool *plop*, and she'd follow me everywhere I went & would guard me.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    You have a border collie too? They love you so damn much it's hard to stay mad at them for anything, lol.

Ball is Life!
    Not so "Mini" Aussie! She is 36lbs and thinks she's a tiny lap dog, nope. I've had Border Collies, but not as inside pets. This spoiled rotten little turd is so dang smart it's ridiculous. We got her for my wife, but she obviously favors me more! The wife is her play toy or goat to herd! lol I have these frisbee like toys she loves to run and catch and burns up some of that energy, so this is my job when I'm home. As I type this Piper comes over and lays down at my feet.

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    I haven't lost any of my freedoms but yes pets are a responsibility. Which is why after our cat died we didn't get another one. Plus that cat grew up around birds so it never messed with our parakeet for the 13 years they lived together and neither this parrot.

That's why we decided to foster. All the fun of having kittens and then you trade them in for other kittens. They stay in a play pen when we aren't feeding or playing with them. I'll be very open about it on this forum of men and guns. Lol.. I love waking up in the morning before work to feed them/making their bottles, show them some love and clean them up. It slows things down. I'm blessed not to have a job that needs clocking in and out.. So I take advantage of that whenever I can. I don't expect my son to help but he sees me and I pray his kids will one day see him.

It also helps out the shelter. My son and I volunteered there a few times. The amount of work the full time volunteers and paid employees do takes a lot of dedication and can be taxing.

Easter is, imo, the worst. People dropping off rabbits they got just for the holiday. Rabbits are NOT easy to take care of and not every veterinarian can tend to them.
    From what I have been told they are also not as resilient as a cat and dog. They take up more resources and put a strain on the whole system.... Because "my baby wanna bunny rabbit."
    I run a rescue and also foster when I have room. I can't thank you enough for helping out your local group. As a community, we in rescue desperately need all the help we can get.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Not so "Mini" Aussie! She is 36lbs and thinks she's a tiny lap dog, nope. I've had Border Collies, but not as inside pets. This spoiled rotten little turd is so dang smart it's ridiculous. We got her for my wife, but she obviously favors me more! The wife is her play toy or goat to herd! lol I have these frisbee like toys she loves to run and catch and burns up some of that energy, so this is my job when I'm home. As I type this Piper comes over and lays down at my feet.
    Mine knows the name of about 20 toys so far, and he invents games to play with us or alone when we're busy. His latest game is using the pool jets to "throw" his ball so he can go swim after it. I'm trying to teach him to dive under water. He blood tracks, but he gets so into it that he over runs. He's only 2 so he'll get a lot better.

He's not a "nice" dog, he's too busy working or sleeping 24/7, but he's a good dog.

I've never had an animal that will stare at me for half an hour straight, without moving, because he just knows I'm going to throw the ball that's 6' away from where I'm sitting. lol

Last edited:
    Top Bottom