What if a gun shop, . . .

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I have yet to visit a local shop that sells USPSA/IPSC/IPDA cardboard, pasters, or even any sanctioned paper targets. It’s always the typical birchwood casey shoot-n-c or some random mini silhouette. I don’t recall even seeing a shop selling B-27’s unless they are connected to a range. Holsters, magazine carriers, and accessories are typically extremely limited.

Most shops cater to the casual shooter.

:eek3: maybe twice me and dave agreed with somthing... we on a roll buddy!!!! We going places..

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I have yet to visit a local shop that sells USPSA/IPSC/IPDA cardboard, pasters, or even any sanctioned paper targets. It’s always the typical birchwood casey shoot-n-c or some random mini silhouette. I don’t recall even seeing a shop selling B-27’s unless they are connected to a range. Holsters, magazine carriers, and accessories are typically extremely limited.

Most shops cater to the casual shooter.

I agree that most shops cater to the casual shooter.

Targets would be something easy to stock, with little overhead. (I've been staring at zombie splatter targets in the shop for six years)

Some legitimate targets would be a welcome change.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    You'd have to find where you can actually get powder, primers, and bullets at reasonable prices. Right now, primers and are worth their weight in gold and powder almost worth it's weight in silver.

Things won't be like this forever. It was the same after Sandyhook. This will all settle down eventually.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Things won't be like this forever. It was the same after Sandyhook. This will all settle down eventually.

I have been shooting more than 60 years and I have never seen the Firearms & Ammunition situation this bad.

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    That was how I learned to reload back in 1963 in Monroe. One sportings good store had a single stage press set up. You had to buy whatever bullets you wanted, you used your cases and they supplied powder and primers. I think it was rifles only and only one powder available, probably 4831 from a big barrel. They actually set it up and I think I weighed each power charge, but given the years cannot remember exactly. It was a good start for a beginning college student who really could not afford factory ammo.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I think it could be good marketing assuming the shop is also teaching and helping people to reload. If the shop was stocked up on items to sell then that could draw customers who would spend money on other things while there.

Top Bottom