What is a Ruger M77 Stock Worth?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Not sure if this is the correct forum, so please correct me if I'm off base.

I have a stock that appears to be for a Ruger M77. From what I can tell, it's a short action. I don't know bolt action rifles; is this correct from what you can tell from the pictures? I'm pretty sure it's the stock that came with the host gun and was subsequently replaced because it's in a McMillan box (which it definitely isn't). It's also a little scratched up.

I don't need it and would like to list it in the marketplace, but I'm not sure what it's worth or if it's even something people buy.

Any input?

105fbbaf.jpg

642f4600.jpg

2e753225.jpg

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    Capt Morgan

It could be one of the earlier ruger 77's. I have a 77/17 that's similar but, not identical.

Do you have a black and silver ruger eagle on the base of the grip?

Couple of notes:

The early Ruger 77's had a tang safety instead of the current safety on the bolt so, one of the differences I see could account for a different cutout in the receiver well that mine does not have,

And, the cutout on the Left side for the receiver on mine is longer, too.

Ruger owners are a strange lot, we buy rifles not known for extreme accuracy and try to "accurize" them. It looks like at one time someone may have tried to "solid bed" the receiver and I wonder if they also free floated the barrel(?). These are common mods made to 77's. It is of note to see the BLACK walnut stock - it's not uncommon with rugers and, they are like concrete when you try to float but, it is nice wood.

I'd be glad to text some pics of mine for comparison, if you text me at 337-849-2998.

Lastly, I have no idea what it would be worth.

Marc Price

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom