what is the best buy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    I prefer the Walther.. but I am biased.... The sig is big and heavy.. The walther is small enough for my daughter to shoot...

I think the Walther is cheaper to...

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    Jefferson gun has them for $319 So I guess the Sig is cheaper... I thought I saw Sig the other day for $379.. But I could be wrong...

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Academy had the Sig for $299. The cheapest I have seen a P22 is $279 but that was in online so you would have to add FFl transfer fees. I am really considering getting the Sig to save some money at the range.

fastshotivy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    TENN
    Well I got one for my wife and I to do the class with here in Tn and we love it. Cheap to shoot also. We pay here in Tn $255.00

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I have both, and the Walther wins hands down in reliablity and all around "funness". The Sig is bigger, and is a 90% size P226 (I think), and is a better cheap training tool, but the P22 is always in my range bag as it is just too darn fun. It is also easier/cheaper to put a threaded barrel adapter on a P22, if you ever plan on a suppressor. Also, mags are more expensive, and not readily available like the P22 mags.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    You may want to research the Mosquito on Google. When I was searching for a .22 pistol a while back I remember some negative posts on the Sig. I cannot remember exactly what the issues were but would check it out. You can go to rimfirecentral.com for more information.:)

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    You may want to research the Mosquito on Google. When I was searching for a .22 pistol a while back I remember some negative posts on the Sig. I cannot remember exactly what the issues were but would check it out. You can go to rimfirecentral.com for more information.:)

+1

I've heard way too many bad things about them to even consider them. For the price, the Walther can't be beat, IMO.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Interesting. I have not heard one single negative thing about the Sig at all.:dunno: Well, except for when the Ruger/Browning people start spouting their own brand of Koolaid. ;)

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry...
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Watson, LA
    +1 for the Mosquito, but I can't say anything bad about the P22, either.

I own a Mosquito & it runs fine, suppressed or not. I've also fired P22s both ways without a problem.

I guess it's just a question of which one you like...

Top Bottom