what is the protocol at blinking yellow lights?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Blinking yellow on the major road with blinking red at crossroad. Typically it means that the yellows slow down and keep a sharp out while the reds stop, then go when they have opportunity. But time and time again people come to a full stop even at the yellows.

It happened to me again today and I've been meaning to ask about it. The nola area is the only place I've seen this done, is this a statewide thing?
    I haven't almost run over anyone yet but get the stink eye whenever I go around people who are dead stopped in the road.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Slow down and use caution, no stop for the blinking yellow. Blinking red comes to full stop before progressing when the way is clear. Yeah, I know, a bunch of idiot drivers on the road! :rolleyes:

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Flashing Yellow = proceed through with caution
    Flashing Red = treat as stop sign

People stopping at flashing yellows drives me insane.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Lafayette is just as bad. And once the 1st fool stops, every one after will follow suite.

Lafayette is the worst! I have to bring my wife to work every morning and pick her up in the evening since she broke her leg and hasnt been release to drive yet. I hate Lafayette traffic. Bunch of idiots on the streets there! :mad:

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The law is easy, the problem is most drivers have been warned over and over and over by the media that any light flashing any color means stop, usually after major storms. They're wrong and the law is thus:

Universal Citation: LA Rev Stat § 32:232.1
    §232.1. Vehicle approaching intersection in which traffic lights are inoperative
    A. Unless otherwise directed by a law enforcement officer, when a traffic control signal is not functioning at an intersection, and the signal lights are completely dark, the intersection shall revert to an all-way stop and traffic shall proceed in accordance with the provisions of R.S. 32:121(A).
    B. Unless otherwise directed by a law enforcement officer, when a traffic control signal is flashing yellow, it shall be treated as a "caution" sign in accordance with the provisions of R.S. 32:234.
    C. Unless otherwise directed by a law enforcement officer, when a traffic control signal is flashing red, it shall be treated as a stop sign in accordance with the provisions of R.S. 32:234.
    Acts 1999, No. 1145, §1; Acts 2010, No. 259, §1, eff. June 17, 2010.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    The whole stopping at blinking yellow started after Katrina. Many lights were out so I think people just would stop at all intersections. I know the law is caution with blinking yellow but stupid is stupid. Sometimes your better off stopping.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    The whole stopping at blinking yellow started after Katrina. Many lights were out so I think people just would stop at all intersections. I know the law is caution with blinking yellow but stupid is stupid. Sometimes your better off stopping.
    Nagin told everyone after Katrina that a malfunctioning light was to be treated as a 4 way stop.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    People that stop at yellows are the same people that ruin roundabouts.

Yeah I have found there are two schools of thought on the roundabouts:
    1. (My m-i-l) "You aren't supposed to stop" and when you pull into the roundabout instead of slowing down or yielding to the person who T-bones you, you blame them.
    2. You sit there waiting for it to become completely empty for to go.

But apparently I'm not entirely right because the three in Hammond actually seem to have improved traffic conditions.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Don't even get me started on people who take left turns in front of you at the neutral grounds. I can't see chit captain, come around me so I can see the guy on the other side.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Just this morning it was announced on local news that I-10 in Louisiana was listed as one of the deadliest roads in America. The overwhelming reason? Wait for it........Distracted driving! The increase in fatalities in the last 5 years is unbelievable. Call it what you will, it is cell phone use while driving; particularly!

You would all be wise to assume that everyone is a potential distracted driver at all times while you are driving. Lest you be distracted from understanding the danger! It seems the only true freedom left in America is the freedom to be stupid! Many Americans are thoroughly engaging in that freedom!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    No?
    Tell me more

You want this, correct?

rT7y45P.png

Because the "wrong" in this picture, is right.

Top Bottom