What is this rifle?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So I was asked to ID this rifle. I have to admit, I don't know what it is. But I'm not a fan of older rifles.

IMG_6805 cropped.jpeg

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    swiss k31
    Nope ... K11 , if it has a short barrel
    Based on the longer action design of 1911 Schmidt-Ruben , rifle has longer barrel .
    Should be in 7.5 Swiss chambering ...
    The longer action of the 1911 allows for long cast lead bullets to be fired ... very accurate rifle .

An easy way to spot 1911's is the red cocking knob .
    The knob on the 1931's is silver aluminum ... and the action of the 1911 is longer .
    When ordering parts be sure you have identified your rifle correctly . www.swissrifles.com is a great resource .
    Gary

Last edited:

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    In 1967 in Baton Rouge , Louisiana the K11's with their weird straight pull-push action and 7.5 Swiss chambering didn't sell well at Steinberg's Sporting Goods Store where they sold military surplus rifles ...
    1903-A3 went for $60.00 , Mausers $50.00 but the Swiss K11's went for $19.95... Myself and two high school buddies bought them because they were so cheap ... I still own two of them .
    Most interesting action and rifle ... the Swiss knew how to make things back then ... that action was built like a Swiss Watch !
    Gary

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    ^^^^^^^....
    That's around the same time I bought one from Woolco in Kenner. $19.95 with 2 boxes of ammo. I swapped mine about 5 yrs later for a Marlin .22 cause I couldn't find any ammo for it
    I managed to find reloading dies at NA Guns in BR and Hornady's very first reloading manual (rifle data only) had data for the 7.5 Swiss ...
    The owner of NA Guns showed me how to use 284 Winchester brass to form 7.5 Swiss reloadable cases ...
    All the Ammo sold by Steinberges was Berdan primed and not easily reloadable .
    When you can reload for them , you can shoot them !
    Gary

Top Bottom