What is your most special souvenier or keepsake ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    lol Last year the ex-Gov of IL. paid a little over 100,000 for one. Apair of teals sold for 247,000 2yrs ago. I dont want to sell it but I do need to have it properly appraised. Do you know an appraiser?

Not off hand, but be careful. That game is always subjective in the eyes of the non-beholder.

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    Looks like a lot of you have some really neat stuff. I don't have anything like that, but I do have a nice assortment of hand tools from the 20th, 19th, and even 18th century. I also have some wrought iron shutter hardware that I'm certain was once in use in the French Quarter back in the day.

I will, however, get my hands on a brick from the De La Ronde ruins if they continue to let it fall apart. Legal or not, I want a piece of that history.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Pocketknife given to me by my grandfather back when it was no big deal for a third grader to carry a pocketknife. Pocketknife, watch, and gold man's engraved name bracelet, and a rod/reel of my father's given to me by my stepmother after my father passed. Engraved name bracelet from my paternal grandfather, along with all of his ribbons, collar EGAs, and Sam Brown buckle, and combat knife from his days in the Corps during WWII, as well as his honorable discharge, unit history book (The Spearhead, 5th MarDiv), and a letter he received after being wounded and honorably discharged that demanded repayment of $28 and change that was accidentally overpaid to him (Uncle Sam doesn't cut his boys a break on the money no matter what sacrifices they make). May '45 manufacture Springfield Armory M1 Garand refinished by my bonus grandfather (stepmother's dad, 6th MarDiv) who taught me how to shoot. An old wooden box from God knows how long ago that my grandmother used to hold toys that we played with when I visited, and her dominos and Pokeno set. My parents' wedding album.

Last edited:

Kook

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    New Iberia
    Granfathers' Remington Model 31. He died before I was born. I also have a rocking chair I restored. My Great Grandmother passed away ten years ago at the age of 100. The chair belonged to her Father, so no idea on age.

cheese

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    My great-grandfather's small wooden cask he brought out fishing when he still lived in Sicily.

The recipe for our family's red sauce (locked in my head!).

My American made Fender Telecaster - played it for many, many years in the church choir. Bought it for 200.00 cash in college.

Top Bottom