What kind of BS is Louisiana pulling?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Unfortunately it seems the same old story is holding true. If you don't submit an application online and go do your prints at HQ in BR you're waiting 6+ months. Seems they prioritize the easy permits first, because I've heard of in the last 3-4 months people I've taught getting theirs back in 3 weeks.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    If your spelling and grammar on the application is as bad as the spelling and grammar in the original post, no wonder it's taking so long. I had to read it three times to understand it.
    LIKE !
    Excepted and accepted are very different. Spelling and punctuation help when it comes to communicating .

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Just received my renewal permit yesterday. Filed online and 3 weeks later it's here.
    I did call 2 times with questions about the wording on the status confirmation emails.
    The official estimate from the office is 4 months for newbies or renewals, which makes no sense.
    A friend was told they are proiritizing renewals that are scheduled to expire that month.
    My expiration was December 2016. (?)

getinmuddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    Hammond la
    I sent mine snail mail and waited 10 months. It will show up. They are overwhelmed with applications. It sucks waiting but it is what it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

TangSooDoMan

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2016
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Calling did nothing, but on another thread someone left an email address and said he got fast response from that. I used the email and got a response withing 3 hours saying that they went ahead and approved it, then I checked my email account and sure enough, there was an email saying it was approved and I would be getting it in 10 to 15 days.

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Online seems to be 3weeks to 4 months renewal online. My buddy works for the lsp and he says renewals are going first because it's less they have to do. If you mailed in anything new or renewal app you are looking at 4-8 months sometimes longer depending if there is a problem. I had to do my renewal in jan cause it was due in April and did it online but something screwed up and then couldn't upload certificate for class. Had to mail in and because of that it took 2 months to get permit. My buddy did online no issues and his was less than a month. Some people take longer due to names and other issues associated with background checks. All being said our governer MR EDWARDS has decreased the budget for lsp so they are short handed because workers are doing other things and this is a department that was left out of the loop. If you're still waiting on your permit and voted for this ass clown then don't bitch about the lsp because this is on YOU. GOOD LUCK though,at least your still a gun lover.

Last edited:

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Did my renewal online October 29. Hope I get it before mine expires at the end of the month. Should have sent it in sooner, but had a question, and they did not reply to my email for several weeks. Calling, all I got was a recording.

Got to love the gubment!

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Did my renewal online October 29. Hope I get it before mine expires at the end of the month. Should have sent it in sooner, but had a question, and they did not reply to my email for several weeks. Calling, all I got was a recording.

Got to love the gubment!

Other member put the email address on here. I emailed them and it took 2 days to respond so email is better than calling.

CRab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2007
    Metairie
    For those wondering.

Concealed Handgun Permit Unit Phone Numbers:
    (225) 925-4867
    (225) 925-4868
    (225) 922-0225 (Fax Number)
    Office Personnel:
    1. Sergeant Jonas Martin
    2. Wyndie Chifici (Office Manager)
    Concealed Handgun Permit Unit E-Mail Address:
    concealed.handguns@dps.la.gov

Last edited:

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Just had the wife who has been waiting since March e-mail the address here. They responded same day to say they approved it and are sending it out - expect within 10-15 days. Seems like the only way to get things moving over there :(

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    I just tried the email thing. I submitted back on 4/11... paid on 9/28. Few times I've been able to get the phone answered, I haven't been able to get any answers.

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    I submitted my wife's permit by mail, on Jan 24th, and she just got it on Oct. 8th. From what I've heard on another forum, we're one of the slowest states in the country, in terms of how long it takes them to be processed; ridiculous.
    When I was living in Alabama my wait time was 5 minutes my cost was $25.00
    Love Louisiana!

Top Bottom