What kind of camo are you fond of?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bama2LA

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    I've been looking at all the different camo companies and well just being overwhelmed with "all the new technologies". I've also been looking at the non conventional designs like predator or ASAT.

What do you guys hunt in? Have different get ups for different times of the season?

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Whatever is laying on top of the laundry pile. Don't overthink camo. All that camo and then you throw an orange vest and hat on it.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    It's funny about all the choices that are available now. Like many of you, when I was a kid, the only kind of camo available was the "WW2 Leaf Pattern" like the USMC wore in the Pacific.
    WW2+US-Army+and+USMC+camouflage.JPG

I'm as much a camo fan as most, though. It's usually Mossy Oak Break Up for me.....

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    Forgot to add, I vary what I wear when dear hunting. I'll wear a different pattern top and bottom. When duck hunting, I wear shadow grass or advantage wetlands up top. Sometimes I just wear blue jeans on the bottom. Depends on what kind of blind I'm hunting.

ETA: I just looked at my duck hunting 4in1 thingy and it's mossy oak duck blind.

Last edited:

idunno

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    Not if you're hunting private land or duck hunting.

Still have to put on the orange on private land as long as you're on the ground. You can take it off once you're up in the stand. This only applies while there is an open firearms season for deer. Any other time you don't have to wear orange, but it is highly advisible.

Top Bottom