What M1a/m14 mags do you use?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jiggy205

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jun 10, 2014
    New Orleans
    Hey guys just picked up a m1a socom and ordered a few checkmate mags. Does any one have experience with the promags and Korean mags was thinking about getting a few for the range trips. Are they worth the price or are they cheap junk.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    NOPE, stick with checkmate!!!!, massammo, and cdnn will run some specials on them, I wouldn't use anything other than checkmate, your m1a deserves it... Plus I think it's against the m1a by-laws to run Korean mags lol

gunluvinlarry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2016
    baton rouge
    I just bought a socom16 m1a myself. did you check your paperwork? Springfield sent me a code for a great deal on m1a accessories. I bought 2 more mags pretty cheap.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Anyone know of good polymer mags for the M1/M14? We use old M14s (modified for semi only) for our Honor Guard, but not frequently, and many of the mags we have had sat and gathered quite a bit of rust. I'd like to get some polymer mags that will stand up to storage without maintenance worry, and they would only need to be 5 round capacity at most.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Never used a poly mags, I've never had a issue with the checkmate mags, I'm sure it's all how you store them, plus the mags you were using prob had ALOT of handling and prob wore the finish off, leaving bare metal and caused rust because of storage...I'm sure a light coat of some remoil would do them some good...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom