what the heck does this mean, why wont computer get on internet?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I tried to get on my desktop computer today and it opened my homepage, but wouldn't do anything else, then this error message popped up. I logged every computer off , rebooted modem, router and desktop, computer worked normally for a minute till this popped up. The desktop is on a wireless connection, but has been workingng ok till today. I'm scanning it with AVG free edition now, with 95% done no viruses. What gives, any ideas?

IMAG0115.jpg

***scan complete, no viruses!

Bam Bam

Last edited:

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    "there is an IP address conflict with another system on the network"

That means that two of your computers or xbox/bluray/netflixbox/whatevers are trying to use the same IP address spot in your network, or you have used all the IP addresses your router can assign. If unplugging the router and restarting it and all your devices doesn't work, you may have to push the little reset button on the back of the router and set it up again, just make sure you have the CD that came with the router for the re-setup.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    So far so good after resetting the router and modem for the second time. Funny thing was thats the first thing I did when this happened, it worked for a second then the error message popped up and bingo, screwed again. Weird..........just weird!

Thanks, panicked there for a minute.

Bam Bam

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    So I used my google fu and looks like the problem is worse than I thought. No new router or windows PC can fix this issue. If you ever want to surf the web again you need a Macbook Pro.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    So I used my google fu and looks like the problem is worse than I thought. No new router or windows PC can fix this issue. If you ever want to surf the web again you need a Macbook Pro.

Funny you say that. I've got a MB Pro and works like a charm.

Wife has a windows pc on Win 7, she has troubles daily

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I dumped AVG for malwarebytes. Its done really well for me. AVG was a resource hog. Ran something like 8 or 9 processes continuously.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington

You think macs are immune to IP conflicts?

and :rofl: what is up with this smiley :deadhorse:

Weird that wasn't the smilie that was showing up yesterday :o it was something from star trek

Last edited:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    As of now it's still working. No viruses found during scan, just a modem freaking out. Thanks for the help guy's.

Bam Bam

it's not a virus, it's an IP conflict

two devices on your network are on the same IP address

while your computer may work, it's probably going to be slow as the router has to work harder to figure out which device is requesting what information from the internet

get someone who knows about computers to come check out your network. chances are you can go to http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 and see a list of all devices on your network and what IP addresses they are using. then you can figure out what's causing the conflict.

or you can just ignore the problem, hope it goes away on its own, and put your head in the sand :dunno:

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    Bosco is right. You need to figure out what is causing the conflict or you will most likely continue to have issues. You currently have two devices at the same address.

TomW

Recreational Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Prairieville, LA
    Also, u can d/l Avast (A free anti-virus program), get Malware bytes (A free malware/spamware scanner), and CCleaner (an internet browser cache cleaner, among other useful things). Those 3 should keep the critters at bay...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom