What to do with spare parts....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    I was looking around my place a while back and noticed I had a lot of Mauser parts hidden away in baggies that were stashed away in little boxes that were hidden in drawers and cabinets and so on. I knew I had spare barrels and stocks too.

So I thought ,"I wonder if I have enough parts to build a shooting rifle":naughty:. I would still have all of my spare parts but, I could use them too? What a concept. (Who says, "You can't have your cake and eat it too?")

As it turned out I did have enough parts:thumbsup: and this is the result.

picture.php

A Kar98k built with a VZ24 receiver, a Nazi bolt and barrel, a trigger guard of unknown origin and a post war Yugo stock (Ash) with a laminated handguard. Add a surplus Yugo Bayonet and Viola!

I like it and it shoots good. It's a great "loaner" at the range.

Be well my friends.
    Al

Last edited:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Man! Those Czech receivers are the bomb! Smooth as silk and strong as they can be. Aside from the 1895 Chileno receivers, those Czech ones are the best.

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    Man! Those Czech receivers are the bomb! Smooth as silk and strong as they can be. Aside from the 1895 Chileno receivers, those Czech ones are the best.

This Czech action came off of a Chinese owned Mauser. It was brought back from Viet Nam but, the trophy papers had been lost. The stock was trash although, it did have some really cool markings on it. One was a great big Chinese symbol "branded" into the wood on the right side of the butt. It had what appeared to be Korean markings in white paint over that and on the left side it had a completely different marking (Viet Cong?)in red paint. Anyway, the bore looked like a sewer pipe and like I said the stock was trash soooooooo, I salvaged what I could.

Be good guys.
    Al

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom