What would happen.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    If that would happen, the economy would be in its best shape ever. That won't happen with our current White House occupant.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I would celebrate because the only way that would happen was if BHO, the Democrats, and the Republocrats were out of office. The budget was balanced, we had a stable energy policy, and America was producing goods again. Can I come over and have a puff of what ever it is you are smoking?

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    It could happen if everyone flooded the market with gold... the only problem would be people who would buy all they can at that price and drive it back up...

Muddy45

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Covington
    I also don't think that gold will go down to $100 oz. I think it cost more than that, $400-$500oz, to get it out of the ground and into a marketable form. But I have no proof or references to that cost just what I remember hearing somewhere.

Cartophilus

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Mandeville
    II can only conceive of a couple of ways that would happen. 1. The dollar strengthens incredibly relative to where it is today. The result? We wouldn't have any exports whatsoever because the currency exchange would make our products too expensive for any other country to afford, we would become net debtors to other sovereigns, hence weakening the dollar. This scenario has basically already happened. 2. (more likely, although still remote scenario,) the govt reverse splits the value of the dollar like Mexico did years ago and we all go trade in our old dollars for new currency at a 15 to 1 exchange rate. Bam! Instant 100.00 gold. This would probably cause the dollar to no longer be the global currency at which al commodities are valued, so gold wouldn't even be denominated in dollars any more but in whatever was the new global currency. Gold could still be bought with dollars, but it wouldn't be referred to as one hundred dollar gold. I don't see this scenario happening in the lifetime of anyone who could read this today. Oh, I almost forgot option three: science develops a way to create gold out of another substance at a net cost of less than 100 per ounce. I can't think of any other way.

7mmremmag

small time hero
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    would never happen your better off going to cali and dig your own gold. the dollar will never rise again esp since china and Russia dont use the dollar anymore...

Top Bottom