what would you pay for a nice sharpening on your knife

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonewagon

Carbon Sasquatch
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Jeff Davis Parish
    I personally can't sharpen a knife worth a flip. $5 for someone to put a shaving sharp edge back on some of mine would be plenty cheap. So far I just buy a new knife when one gets dull. A great rationale for getting more knives. At least the wife lets me buy knives for that reason. CBR just let us know what we need to do to send some your direction when needing a touch up. Thanks for being a straight up Christian guy as well.

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    I personally can't sharpen a knife worth a flip. $5 for someone to put a shaving sharp edge back on some of mine would be plenty cheap. So far I just buy a new knife when one gets dull. A great rationale for getting more knives. At least the wife lets me buy knives for that reason. CBR just let us know what we need to do to send some your direction when needing a touch up. Thanks for being a straight up Christian guy as well.
    I actually just started moving my website from godaddy to hostgator and will have a page for sharpening and soon to add a contact info page. Feeling a little under the weather this weekend so kind half ass remaking the website with the new server people.

Last edited:

FRANKEIGHT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    new iberia
    Personally I dont like a shaving edge as they do not last for long I put what I call a skinning edge on my knives unless a shaving edge is requested.
    frank cole

LouisianaGuy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Walker, LA
    Well since we are talking about shaving edges, I was about to send off two of my straight razors to be honed. "yes I use a straight razor every day most times". I actually get up 20 min early to have my morning relaxing shave....s.its me time.

Anyhow I digress....the sharpening place I normally use charges 25.00 for a hone and sharpen and when I say sharp I mean Sharp...can usually shafe 2-3 days with out hitting the strop.
    But stripping is part of the rituial.

Anyhow if you wanna try a straight razor edge I will pay the same 20 bucks and not have to wait 2-3 wks.
    And I'm sure you know it will have to go on that water stone hehe.

Oh one blade is a Chfield and butcher and the other is a Hen and rooster....thats my newest edition, so it has never been honed, and thus is not shave ready out of the box....they never are not even Dovo.

The chef field if I remember correctly the chefield is a near wedge grind, and the hen and roster is a 3/4 to full hollow grind.......

The chefield was purchased second hand....it dates to the late 40's to early 50's...it came with an edge that was supposed to be shave ready.....Yeah right...stropped it then took a run at it...went 1" and said nope needs a hone lol....my 3 month old disposable was sharper, but I only use it when I have a spot I can't take time to get. All the way Lol

Anyhow if you wanna try one or both send me a message and I will send them to you.....if you make them worse then I suppose there will be no charge, then I can send them to my normal shop and pay those Jack asses lol..rather keep the money supporting our board members tho :-)

If u decide you want to try and I send them to you they will seem very sharp,,,1 swipe will take the hair off your arm flawlessley.....then toss some shave cream on your face and see how sharp it really is.....your welcome to they btw.....they have been sterilized....I do that to all my blades after use.

Let me know....would love to have some one local that knows what they are doing

Mike

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Great job sir! I really appreciate the sharpening. Very quick turnaround too.

Before:
    2lfq1rln5y460xdp1xwr.jpg

After:
    hoz6sg6yi59w3n6b2wma.jpg

Top Bottom