What would you say about essentialarms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ronin1000

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Hi there. I'm new to this sight. Just been looking to get in to AR-15 world and seen some things about essential arms. I have been seeing some diff things said about them all over, but mostly old stuff. Are they still in business? Do they make good guns? Are they a good company? I would like some good info on this. Its my first AR and I do have me some bills to pay so I am not looking to spend every thing I have.
    Thank every one for any info that you may have.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I believe there was a post about them about 2 weeks ago you might want to search the files for it, however their quality is Hit n Miss, I have seen people who had never had a problem with their lowers and I have seen people who would have want to beat them to death with the crappy work. IMO most of the lower end brands do an OK work but for a few dollars more you could get something that you know you wont have a problem fitting parts in, I had a good friend of mine who while trying to install a new buffer tube hand tied it to the receiver and craked the receiver (essentialarms), I have seen people have success with Essex Arms but then again some people claim its crap. It just really depends on what the purpose of the weapon will be and if you are building it or if it was already put together by somebody else, I definetly would not want to do any to little fitting work but thats just my .02.

Sometimes you are better holding off for a few more months and get something that you can trust once you pull the trigger not to say lower end guns are bad, but I wouldnt want one to proove me wrong and blow up in my hands.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    I've never had a problem, I've only used their lowers. They have all been machined very nice. I've never heard of any problems, got a link or story?

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    I have built at least 20, count em 20 guns on their lowers over the years and have had NO PROBLEMS. In fact I have never seen a problem EA Lower or heard about one. Get a EA lower and save some money to put towards a better quality Parts KIT. Thats were Id put my money.

ragincajun1919

Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Sep 23, 2009
    Lafayette, La
    I've built i think 6 rifles on EA lowers and they all went together easy and fitted very nicely. I have an AR my dad built on a EA lower in the 90s and its still great, no issues.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Do they make good guns?

E.A. Doesn't make complete AR's, or at least to my knowledge. They sell stripped lowers, complete lowers, and parts kits minus the barrel. Their lowers are fine, most issues you read with E.A. lowers are talking about their older cast lowers (I have one, and beat on it, and yet to have a problem).

I see that they have dropped thier price since the AR buying frenzy has slacked off, but in addition to the $88 price for a toughcoat, factor in LA sales tax, 3% CC fee, shipping & FFL transfer fee, and you are looking at around $120+ for just the lower (depending on the FFL fee). A parts kit is going to run you $500+

Now is the best time to be in the market for an AR, as it is flooded and the prices are very low. I have seen new AR's on sale at various places starting at $669 (Del-Ton @ AIMsurplus)

Also, Pete @ Legaltransfers has RRA stripped lowers for $105

ronin1000

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    E.A. Doesn't make complete AR's, or at least to my knowledge. They sell stripped lowers, complete lowers, and parts kits minus the barrel. Their lowers are fine, most issues you read with E.A. lowers are talking about their older cast lowers (I have one, and beat on it, and yet to have a problem).

I see that they have dropped thier price since the AR buying frenzy has slacked off, but in addition to the $88 price for a toughcoat, factor in LA sales tax, 3% CC fee, shipping & FFL transfer fee, and you are looking at around $120+ for just the lower (depending on the FFL fee). A parts kit is going to run you $500+

Now is the best time to be in the market for an AR, as it is flooded and the prices are very low. I have seen new AR's on sale at various places starting at $669 (Del-Ton @ AIMsurplus)

Also, Pete @ Legaltransfers has RRA stripped lowers for $105

ya i talked to some one there on the phone today, and checked there web page. they sell all that you would need just no barrel. i will still have to get one of those. I was thinking about getting a double star, it would be a little cheaper but i would rather stick to some one in louisiana if i could. its the support of the home team type of thing. lol

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I started my build last year with one, love them. I plan on getting a "matched set" for the next one.

lower2.jpg

DSC01829.jpg

Bam Bam

Top Bottom