Whats a good inexpensive 1911 single stack mag?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saxmanson

Hardly Newbie
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Jan 3, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Another vote for Wilson Combat, but you can't go wrong with McCormick, Mec-Gar, or Tripp mags. I picked up a handful of used Kimber mags for the range recently from Ebay for a steal, and they all functioned flawlessly.

@Jstudz220 is right, don't skimp on mags, especially if you're going to be carrying them. I use a paint pen, and a series of dots on the bottom of my mags to number them. Makes it easier to identify any issues at the range and pull a mag from rotation
    Ditto to everything, including praise for the Metalform magazines. My Kimber TLE II came with 8 Kimber 8-round flush mounts and they've been flawless so far. You can find them on eBay for less than $22 and that's with free shipping. Have fun!

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Well I got my order of Metalform mags in today and immediately headed to my outdoor range. They worked perfectly even brand new with no time to sit with them loaded. They loaded easily and look like they are great quality, but they do have a slight sharp edge on the back corner where the metal folds over in the corners but not that bad. The factory mag has a similar but not as sharp edge. I might try to "soften" those edges. Overall happy with them.

xcrunner214

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Late addition here, Wilson mags function well, but I would say go CMC, for the metal follower. I already have one Wilson mag that the follower has some wear and it does not fully engage the slide stop.

Top Bottom