Whats in your B O B

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BayouBocephus

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Basic survival kit,quik clot and med kit, extra pistol mags, AR mags, 12 gauge shells, flashlight,knife, flashlight batteries, monocular, and 550 cord...I think that's it

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have not found the actual bag I would like to use yet, so I have not thrown it together, although I have a pretty good idea of what would go in it, just not positive yet.

Paulup

dot dot dot
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Bush, La
    For my out of state trips, its just a bag with 6 full AR mags, and 4 spare XD40 mags, and ammo for whatever other firearms I took with me. Otherwise, I'm not buggin out.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    I have not found the actual bag I would like to use yet, so I have not thrown it together, although I have a pretty good idea of what would go in it, just not positive yet.

i keep this in my unit in my passenger seat.

http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail.aspx?PartNumber=511-56026-019

511-56026-019_lg.jpg

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    not exactly BOB but more prepaired bags

the small bag in my truck has burn cream,trama pads and bandages,tweezers couple power bars(hoo-yah) assorted ammo,9mm,223,.45,12g (00,slug,).22 extra loaded mag for my g21,, couple loaded ar15 mags,,,lube cleaning supplies brushes, patches....off wipes and sun screen,flash light,knife and multi tool,box ear plugs and shooting glasses,,bag stays in the truck and comes with me when i go shoot... i have ammo for what ever weapon i have with me,or wich ever one i decide to grab on the run....

im working on a bigger bag with copies of personal info,digital copies of insurance,banking,pictures id,ss cards, birth certificats and contact info,,xtra cell chargers, laptop,mre's,change of clothes,multi tool,2 knives,flash light,gloves,cash hygene supplies....... this bag isnt for bugging out to run to the hills,and survive,just a emergency bag incase of fire,evacuation for chemical spill,, ill have copies all personal info and inportant documents and irreplaceables.enough food to get me to a safe spot so i dont have to go to a emergency death camp.incase i cant go back home for a wile or its destroyed in a fire.i have everything i need to function get medical help and not have to stand in a huge line to replace documents......

if the world comes to a end i dont know where to run so ill bunker in and make a stand at the house,,,but planning for a real emergency that can happen any day like a fire makes more sence.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    single malt scotch, two snifters, 2 rails of coke, 1/2 gallon GHB... 16 Rohypnol and 24 condoms and a dime bag of weed (to relax from the pain of too much..... you know)

i keep it in a 86 honda crx with primer body panels. i drive around your neighborhood.... stop and say hey to me some time...

BobKaro

Yellow Boxes? Sweet!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Youngsville, LA
    Let me check...

One forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings.

That should do it.

Cybrludite

B.O.W. Crew #3.14159
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    Metairie
    Let me check...

One forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings.

Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff. :rofl:

Mine's more of a Get Home Bag or a Bunker Up At Work Bag, than a true bailout bag, and is my Every Day Carry. It's a blue Magellan Guide from Academy. It's got a kidney belt and sternum strap, and a stiff reinforcement panel in the back, so it will haul more stuff more comfortably than a normal bookbag. Leaving out the mundane crap, here's what's in it...

Gear:

Left Shoulder Strap: A 4" Olaes Modular Bandage in an elastic pouch

Front Pocket: Keychain with a spare set of keys to my truck, a church key, a small prybar, and a Swiss+Tech Utili-Key. A minor first aid kit with wipes and band-aids in a sealed bag. A small roll of gaffer's tape with my earplugs' case wedged into the middle of the roll. Energizer 2 in 1 flashlight. Signal mirror with an emergency whistle on the lanyard. A book of MRE matches. A Bic lighter. A firesteel, with the striker and another whistle on the lanyard. 2" folding hacksaw. Several yards of duct tape wrapped the long way around a business card so it takes up less space. Folding titanium spork. Two magazines for my S&W M&P, loaded with Winchester Rangers.

Middle Pocket: The aforementioned mundane crap. The laptop that's often in there can be filed under emergency communication.

Back pocket: Work gloves. Non-disposable emergency blanket. Rain suit. 2400 calorie Mainstay ration bar. 2 liter hydration bladder. 10 water purification tablets. Gerber limb saw. Box of BC headache powders. Hand forged utility knife that used to be part of a leaf spring. Breacher bar. AM/FM/Shortwave/LED flashlight in a waterproof plastic box. Crappy cheap lensatic compass. 4 pack of handwarmers. Ziplock with Benadryl, Immodium, and rehydration salts. Battery holder with 4 AA batteries. Battery holder with 4 CR123 batteries. Spool of paracord.

In the pouch on the left side of my belt: Cell phone, which has a flashlight function. Bic lighter. Surefure G-2 Nitrolon. Versadriver. Mini-screwdriver which looks like a pen.

Keychain: P-38 can opener. Cigar punch. "Peanut" lighter. Gerber Artifact keychain tool (Prybar, wire stripper, small & medium flatheads, small phillips head, bottle opener, and a hobby knife blade.).

ID Badge carrier: LED clip light. Variable amount of cash. Spare ponytail holder. 2 Gig thumb drive. The clip light will often migrate to whatever shirt I'm wearing, if I'm out but not at work.

Right pocket: S&W SWAT pocketknife

So, five sources of flame, five flashlights, four things which will cut (five, if you count the can opener), four screwdrivers two safety whistles (and usually another on the zipper pulls of my jackets, on the off chance it's cold enough for me to wear one), two days of food (for very loose definitions of "food"), and I plan on adding a Leatherman-type multi-tool in the near future.

And this doesn't even cover the stuff in my truck...

Top Bottom