What's in your pocket?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    If a mugger sticks his gun in your face, you are best to have a pistol in your pocket.
    pocket2_zpsr3txqueh.jpg
    9mm
    pocket1_zpsxq19bksc.jpg

nwmousegunner

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Homer,La.
    The question was what is in your pocket. Not where you carry or about maintaining awareness. If I see or here something I don't think is quite I put my hand in my pocket and grip my pistol, this not a threatening gesture but you are prepared to draw your ccw if necessary. Whether or not it is indicated to do so is up to you. My pocket gun is a Rohrbaugh R9 that is no longer in production. I live in a rural area just outside of a small town if I was in an area where I felt there was greater threat I would probably go to a larger gun inside the waist band. David H

Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    ^^^ nwmousegunner understands what I'm saying. You can be ready with your hand in your pocket but pulling your piece from a IWB holster is a recipe for disaster. Walk the streets in the French Quarter and you just might wish there was a pistol in your pocket.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    ^^^ nwmousegunner understands what I'm saying. You can be ready with your hand in your pocket but pulling your piece from a IWB holster is a recipe for disaster. Walk the streets in the French Quarter and you just might wish there was a pistol in your pocket.

If someone has a gun pointed at your head, you already lost the game.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

Drawing from a pocket is not as quick as drawing from IWB. That being said, if it comes down to draw speed being important, you are likely screwed anyway. If someone has a gun pointed at your head, the better options are to cooperate with them or try to get the weapon pointed in a direction other than you. Trying to draw (from wherever) with a weapon pointed at your face is likely a lose-lose situation for you.

Pocket carry is better than no carry, but IWB is more practical...especially if you end up on the ground. Try laying on the ground and drawing from your pocket holster. Now try it with someone on top of you. Its substantially more difficult than drawing from IWB.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States

That's fine. But don't draw on a drawn gun. That's a really bad idea.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Drawing from a pocket is not as quick as drawing from IWB. That being said, if it comes down to draw speed being important, you are likely screwed anyway. If someone has a gun pointed at your head, the better options are to cooperate with them or try to get the weapon pointed in a direction other than you. Trying to draw (from wherever) with a weapon pointed at your face is likely a lose-lose situation for you.

Pocket carry is better than no carry, but IWB is more practical...especially if you end up on the ground. Try laying on the ground and drawing from your pocket holster. Now try it with someone on top of you. Its substantially more difficult than drawing from IWB.
    There are too many variables to say one is better than the other. I will say I carry appendix because It's easier for me to conceal, more comfortable, and in my humble redneck derp opinion has the best chance of me maintaining control of it. I have considered pocket rockets for shorts and slacks but my phone in the front pocket of my shorts and slacks moves around so much I couldn't imagine it working well for a gun. I could see how having someone on top of me being able to reach into my slacks point in the general direction of the attacker's stomach and fire could work better than drawing but that would also require nothing covering the trigger guard. Not something that sounds like a great suggestion to my derpy redneck self. Carrying a gun is a calculated risk that's why practice and training and routine familiarity are of great importance. I personally would never attempt a quick draw with a gun aimed at me but that's also where knowing what is happening around comes into the picture. A hand resting in your pocket isn't very conspicuous. I keep a folding knife on my front pocket done it for years I rest my hand on my knife as a habit it's a natural position and my hand is big enough that you can't see my knife under it in places I have been sans 9mm my knife often goes unnoticed. People have to choose equipment and tactics that work for them. I will say again drawing on an already drawn gun aimed at you wouldn't be a prudent move most everything else here can be attributed to dealers choice.

skipper1969

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    f31f825a3c37ccf315f0863cbb1d4679.jpg

One of my personal favorites. It's more of a back up role than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom