What's wrong with my Glock?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Please take a look at the photo and tell me what that bent thing is called - what does it do - why is it bent - and what can be done about it.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316742714.184191.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316742714.184191.jpg
      232.3 KB · Views: 69

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Think about it

When your slide racks back after the bullet exists the muzzle what comes back with it ????????

You will find your own answer if you close ur eyes and think of the operation

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    After firing the round, the extractor claw grabs the rim and pulls the empty casing back with the slide. When the casing hits the ejector (bent thingamajig) it is, well...ejected. It's bent to help direct the casing out of the ejection port. If you have some, load up a few snap caps and watch how everything interacts as you work the slide.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Are we referring to the same thing?

The silver metal pointed object near the center of the photo. I have 4 other Glocks and all of them are straight.

The slide is difficult to reassemble on the receiver as well.

???

Last edited:

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    ha, i remember earlier this year when i cleaned my glock for the first time after its first range trip and had no idea why that thing was bent. I just cleaned the gun and thought to myself "ill find out if its a problem or not on the next range trip." Next time i went shooting the glock worked like it did the first time and i just forgot about it, never knew why it was bent, but i knew it was supposed to be after that second trip.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Ok. Thank you to the helpful people.

This is my first factory 9mm Glock. The fact that I've been shooting 9mm in 40cal guns threw me off as I didn't expect them to look different.

If the ejector HAS to be bent, we have another reason not to shoot 9mm in 40cal guns as it will not eject cases properly. ...Right?

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Sure is 'one' in every group ;)

Hello! side by side pictures???

I can understand where side by side pictures would be helpful but I decided not to post them as I was seeking advice from experienced folks who would not need them.

In hindsight, side by side pictures would be helpful to others seeking the same answer so it would have been better for me to include them.

Thanks for the advice. I'll post one shortly.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Ok. Thank you to the helpful people.

This is my first factory 9mm Glock. The fact that I've been shooting 9mm in 40cal guns threw me off as I didn't expect them to look different.

If the ejector HAS to be bent, we have another reason not to shoot 9mm in 40cal guns as it will not eject cases properly. ...Right?

Hence when you buy the famed 40-9 mm conversion bbl, you are urged to buy a new extractor, etc...

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    You've been shooting 9mm in 40 caliber handguns? I don't understand what that means at all. Would you please explain? I'm not trying to make fun of you.

Oh I see the conversion thing.

Dave

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    The profile of that ejector is for a 9mm. The .45 is an "S"-like shape, and the .40's are straight.

I've not seen the .45 yet. What I'm imagining is the possibility that Glock designed the ejector for the 40cal - bent it inwards for the 9mm and outwards for the .45. I know the 9mm came out first but the ejector design tells a different story.

If this is the case ( Ha! Pun! :-) ), then could "Glock Perfection" truly be referring to the 40cal??! ;-)

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Hence when you buy the famed 40-9 mm conversion bbl, you are urged to buy a new extractor, etc...

I've heard that, thanks.

I'll change the extractor when it doesn't work every time or if I use the conversion for "serious work".

For now, I'm partial to purposely trying to make the gun "safely" mess up in training so that I can master malfunctions.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I've heard that, thanks.

I'll change the extractor when it doesn't work every time or if I use the conversion for "serious work".

For now, I'm partial to purposely trying to make the gun "safely" mess up in training so that I can master malfunctions.

Contact someone in your area like Bearco. He will teach you malfunction drills and how to run your gun.

Top Bottom